TWENTY-FOUR. house of deceit

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

In the girls' bathroom of Amun Academic Boarding School stood River Lawrence and Amber Millington. The former of the duo was looking for her American roommate after being questioned about her whereabouts by the American's ex-boyfriend and bumped into her blonde roommate instead, who was also looking for Nina.

Upon finding no trace of their American friend in the bathroom, the blonde and brunette duo headed out, both of them catching sight of a familiar dress rushing past.

River was the first to call out her name as Amber and she stepped into the hallway, "Nina!"

Nina turned around and River frowned, concern flushing her face upon seeing her friend's tear-stained face and red, puffy nose. What happened to Nina Martin in the past hour?

"Hey, rainey face, what's wrong?" Amber questioned their friends' current state.

Nina began to let out short breaths, giving very vague answers to her roommates. "He... They... And then they—"

"Nina, take a deep breath," River cut her off. The American nodded her head, taking in deep breaths as River did the same. "Now, just take your time. Don't rush into it."

"Yeah," Amber agreed. "Bullet points."

The next few words Nina uttered were the ones River did not expect to her on the night of the ball, "Fabian kissed Joy."

The prankster and fashionista dropped their jaws. Shock and angry filled River Lawrence's blood and the only word she could respond with was, "What?"

"I need you guys to do something important for me," Nina carried on as a sob escaped her mouth. "Just... don't let Fabian come find me. I need to be alone. Will you guys do that?"

The blonde and brunette girls nodded their heads, with the latter saying, "Of course. Call us if you need anything." Nina nodded her head, more tears escaping her eyes. Another sob left her lips as she ran down the corridor and disappeared around the corner. River let out an annoyed huff. "Oh, I'm going to kill Fabian."

Jerome Clarke could definitely relate. However, he didn't look like he wanted to kill Fabian. Instead, he wanted to kill Mara Jaffary, Patrick Singh, and Poppy Clarke. Well, not literally. But he was suspicious about what they were doing together and what they were hiding.

"Uhm," Patrick scratched the back of his head after an awkward silence, while the two girls smiled innocently, "so I heard you sold two girls the same dress."

"Poppy and Patrick just wanted to see what was going on," Mara quickly gave an excuse, taking her purse back from the blonde boy. "I was trying to keep them out of trouble."