THIRTY-EIGHT. house of stings

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

It felt wrong standing in front of the web tunnel without Patricia. River kept looking back to where they came from, a guilt feeling stringing in her stomach. So long as Patricia stayed seated then she'd be safe. So why did River have a feeling that leaving her alone would put her in danger?

The female prankster's attention turned back to the task at hand when Nina spoke. "Okay. So remember, nice and slow." Nina was mainly speaking to the Sibuna boys who were about to walk through the weaves of threads. "There's no need to rush."

"Keep your arms to your sides," River voiced. "As far as we're considered, touching the threads equals doom."

"And don't step on the threads," Amber added. "Any of them."

"Slow," Fabian muttered.

"Yeah. Arms to the side and threads," Alfie said.

"Got it." Fabian nodded before glancing at an anxious Nina. "Don't worry. I aced it in practice. We'll be fine."

Fabian and Alfie stepped forward, leaving River standing between her roommates. Taking a deep breath, Fabian crawled through the first set of threads. River's breath hitched, but she relaxed a bit, seeing that her nerdy friend was unharmed.

"Go, Fabian!" Amber cheered.

Alfie began going through the weaved threads and River watched him with weary eyes. The Sibuna girls standing before the tunnel yelled out instructions to the boys, being their set of eyes from behind. Their remarks did the trick in guiding the boys safely to the midway of the tunnel where they now stood unharmed.

"Nice one, guys!" River commended them.

"You did it," Nina uttered. "Okay, good job."

"So, what about the hooks?" Amber raised the question.

"Maybe we pull them or hang something on it?" River suggested as she narrowed her eyes at the yellow hook that was near Alfie before glancing around to the other two hooks.

"Yeah, there's a silver one here," Fabian gestured to the hook nearest him.

"Yellow here," Alfie motioned to the one that was close to him.

"And a red one there."

"What about the gigantic spider?" Amber asked, causing all eyes to go to the spider-shaped indentation.