TWENTY. house of vertigo

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Chaos emerged in Amun's student lounge/drama room, filled with many students and a few teachers who were setting up for the exhibition ball taking place tomorrow. Unlike her roommates, River Lawrence was not excited about the ball. Last year's prom definitely told her that dances weren't her scene. There was no backing out though, since River knew Amber would pull her out of bed to go to the ball and River couldn't let Nina suffer alone.

The three roommates spent the whole of last night looking online for a dress, courtesy of Anubis's fashionista. While Nina and Amber were searching for dresses, River decided to go in a different route and look for a pantsuit with Amber's guide.

The prankster, American girl, and fashionista of Anubis House were currently amongst the madness in the student lounge/drama room, attempting to set up a foldout table. However, the challenge appeared harder than River initially anticipated.

"This thing should come with a manual," complained the dark-haired prankster, crouched between Amber and Nina.

"It would a lot be easier if someone focused on the task," Amber said, giving a pointed look to Nina who held up the foldout table. The American girl's focus was rather on Fabian and Joy onstage. "You're the Chosen One, yet you can't figure out a foldout table."

Nina glanced to her roommates with a frown. "Sorry."

Passing the female roommates setting up the foldout table was Alfie, Noah, and Jerome, holding up the sound equipment that would be used for the exhibition.

They headed to the stage, with Noah inquiring, "What did Joy tell us to do with this again?"

"Joy said, uh, medium volume, minimum base," Jerome answered.

The three boys halted their tracks, shaking their heads before heading onstage and toward the sound system backstage.

Back down in the student lounge/drama room, River let out a satisfied sigh when she and her roommates began lifting the table. As they did, Mr. Sweet's voice was heard around the room, "And at 7:30PM precisely, representative of student body makes speech. Oh, Fabian. Fabian! That's you."

"I don't get it," the female prankster spoke up as she and her friends set the table on its legs. Amber and Nina followed her gaze, which was on Eddie who was lazing on the couch. "He lazes off while we're doing hard work and Sweetie doesn't say anything."

Amber shrugged. "Maybe it's because he's new."

River didn't believe that but waved it off. Her focus went on Fabian, who was onstage, nervously speaking into the mic. The second he started his speech, it resulted in a high pitched frequency being heard throughout the speaker. River grimaced at the sound and covered her ears, while everyone around her let out groans.