Chapter 4

Gulf sat in complete silence at the table. He was trying to gather his thoughts. What the fuck was that? Why did he feel like electricity shot through him the moment he met Suppasit's eyes.

" I can't believe you had 0 reaction to that gorgeous man Gulf, I mean come on! Did you see that jawline? His eyes? His built!" Mild commented as he stuck another full spoon of rice in his mouth.

Gulf had seen, oh he had paid attention. He had glanced at him when Mild was busy making a hundred excuses for his so called rude behavior.

He was tall and broad shouldered and exuded authority. He looked like a no nonsense type of guy and Gulf had found himself smirking at the thought back then. Of course Gulf knew he was handsome. The rumors about the hot detective were known to everyone. Gulf just wasn't interested in them, or anyone for that matter.

That's why it shocked him that his body had reacted to him so strongly. He had felt his heartbeat skyrocket and it took every ounce of his will power to keep a straight face. When he had walked towards him he could've sworn Suppasit was eating him alive with his eyes.

"Seriously do you plan to die alone Kana?" Mild said while looking at his stoned faced friend. Gulf softened a bit knowing Mild was seriously worried for him behind all the teasing.

" I'm fine alone Mild" he repeated like he had done throughout the years " I enjoy being alone not having to deal with the stress of pretending to be someone I'm not, you know no one wants a ice block as a partner"

"Kana we both know you're no ice block, just let down those walls a bit, I would like to see you happy and smiling again"

"I smile!" He reproached showing his smirk

Mild couldn't help but roll his eyes at his best friend. The fact that he remembered the boy who used to make horrible dad jokes, and play soccer till they dropped made his heart ache. He knew behind that cold demeanor was a broken hearted boy who just wanted someone to love but was too afraid to loose.

"You know Mew looked like he was interested in you" he teased and watched for a reaction, a smirk, a blush, anything. If Suppasit could break that cold exterior Mild was willing to help out.

"Mild, we both know no one is interested" he said with a straight face. Gulf knew how people saw him. He didn't get the robotic psycho nickname for no reason. Plus no one would stick around anyways so he wouldn't get his hopes up.

Mild was about to reply when he was interrupted
"Mild!" He turned to see Boat waving at him. Mild glared and turned away.

"Ah come on Mild don't be upset with me! My editor was pushing me for the story and I had to give in!" Mild looked at Boat. Thanks to him everyone knew the victims had a Black Rose stuffed into their mouths.

"You're lucky I find you attractive or else I would've pinned the murder on you!" Mild exclaimed annoyed.

Gulf silently listened to their banter. They had been dating for a year now and Gulf had gotten used to Boat, Boat also didn't mind that Gulf treated him like air.

"What's up Ice block?!" said Boat glancing at Gulf. "Anything you want to share with me?" That earned him a smack from Mild

"Don't call him that! It's Mr.Robotic Psycho to you traitor" Mild teased. Boat hugged him and apologized again for spilling the beans.

"It's a serial killer" Gulf said matter of fact. Boat stopped messing with Mild and looked at Gulf.

"Oh. Am I able to share this information?" He asked while he reached for his recorder.

Gulf looked at him coldly "Not yet"
Boat put the recorder away and nodded.

"It's been a long day, let's go home" said Mild standing up. Gulf nodded and said his goodbyes

He drove home in silence. Thinking about the crime scenes, trying to put the pieces together. There was something itching at the back of his mind but he couldn't recall what.

He parked his car and walked towards the entrance of his townhome. For a moment he felt like he was being watched. He stopped and looked around, it was almost midnight who would be around here at this time.

He didn't see or hear anything there was only silence and darkness around him. He sighed lightly and walked up to his door. He was tired but he knew sleep only brought him nightmares.
He walked in and closed his door.

In the shadows

He smiled to himself. See he knew they were connected! No one else had sensed him but Gulf did! It's their bond it calls him.

He chuckled, he was ready for him to see his next love letter, for him to get another clue to the puzzle he was composing for him! His hands itched with excitement.

When he had seen Gulf for the first time 3 years ago he knew he was the one. He dedicated himself to knowing everything about him. He had seen him be rejected by everyone but oh no, not him he knew that his cold exterior was for the outsiders. Gulf liked him! He remembered how he had smiled at him something he never does with anyone else.

Mild and his little gang don't count, after he made sure he wasn't interested in any of them he let them be! He can have friends. But for love, he can only have him.

He clutched the shirt he had borrowed from Gulf's dirty laundry closer to his face and sniffed his scent. "Lavender" he whispered and felt his cock twitch in response. It was hunting time, he needed a new model so he could see Gulf smile at his work once again.