Chapter 84

Gulf couldn't breathe he felt like he was suffocating, he pulled on the turtle neck trying to let the wind from the lowered window give him relief but he knew it was all in his mind it had nothing to do with not being able to actually breathe at all.

He felt tears sting his eyes mercilessly, threatening to fall and drown him, so he closed his eyes and let the buzzing in his head still. He knew everything. Since when? Is that why he approached him? Did he feel sorry for him? That thought hurt a lot, the thought of Mew feeling sorry for him, pitying him. Mew's pained face when he yelled at him flashed in his mind and his heart seemed to constrict in his chest.

"I'm so scared. What if he hates me"

Mew's words rang in his ears. Hate him? No he didn't hate him, he was too ashamed to face him. He knew all his dark secrets, everything he had hidden within himself was open and exposed to Mew. He felt a sob bubble up inside him but he refused to let it out. Not here, not surrounded by everyone.

Alerts on their phones stopped Gulf's thoughts. He didn't move they all got them so he knew what it was, wonderful he felt like shit and now he had to work.

———

Gulf felt better now that he had changed his clothes, he didn't feel like he was taking his last breath. He had set his mind at the task at hand blocking out anything he felt regarding the Mew situation. It was work time and he wouldn't jeopardize his work for his feelings ever.

He got off the van, and walked towards Mild who looked worried.

"What's wrong?" He asked seeing the discomfort in everyone's face.

"He changed his M.O or it ain't the same killer Gulf"

"What do you mean!?"

Mild sighed he had to tell him because for these types of scenes Gulf needed to ready himself more than the others, violent ones triggered him. "The victims body is a mess, she has bruising and burns everywhere "

Gulf stood still. He had escalated. Had something changed? Was it because he saw him the previous time? Was that why he was at his home? Gulf nodded and started walking toward the scene.

"Kanawut"

Gulf froze but quickly relaxed keeping a poker face in place, this was work not his personal life he had to separate the two. He turned to look at Suppasit who looked like he had been hit by a train, it made Gulf anxious but he kept his face neutral.

"Detective Suppasit?" He asked in a cold tone "Did you need anything before I examine the scene?"

"Why don't you let Mild do this o-"

"I'm the lead examiner in this investigation detective. If you have a problem with the way I work take it up with Chief" he turned and without looking back walked towards the scene.

He breathed in and out on his way there, clearing his mind, erasing any traces of his trauma, locking it all up in a box he had created long ago. He took a deep breath and walked in.

The floor was messily cleaned, he took pictures, it looked rushed. It wasn't consistent with the killer. The petals didn't make a clear path they seemed to be thrown around, scattered erratically . He walked slowly towards the body, she was wearing a white dress that seemed kind of big on her.

This scene was completely different from the others, the killer was in a erratic state, he wasn't meticulous or careful like the previous times. He was angry and frantic. Something had definitely gone wrong. He looked at the face of the victim, it was obvious she had not died recently.