Chapter 53

"So that's the latest news" Mild said updating Gulf.

He couldn't believe Tommy had done it. When he first heard of it at the beginning of the week he was shocked. He knew he wasn't a great guy, but to kill Jimmy? He was sure at the end of the day he cared for him or he wouldn't have kept him around for so long. But now the trial was about to begin and it looked like everything pointed to him.

"Thank God it's Friday already!" Mild said stretching and bringing Gulf back from his thoughts. Yeah he was thankful as well, it had been boring sitting here for 4 days with nothing to do except get little updates on the case.

"Chief said you can go back to the office on Monday" Mild said with a wide smile, Gulf rolled his eyes.

"Only reason you're happy about that is because you'll go back to being lazy and leaving me all the work!" Gulf teased.

"Hey hey hey!" Mild smirked shamelessly "it's our dynamic Gulf you use that robotic brain of yours and I help out with the luggage" he winked and Gulf scoffed.

"Are you still okay with going to play soccer with us tomorrow?" Mild asked carefully,he was happy Gulf was trying to get involved but soccer was a big deal to him he didn't want him to regret it.

"I miss it, a lot actually" he said looking at Mild. "It used to be my favorite thing, my parents loved when I played" he swallowed "I just want to start living a little again" Mild nodded he understood perfectly.

Soccer had been a very special link for Gulf and his parents and when they were gone Gulf didn't dare to step on a field again.

"Okay but we won't go easy on you!" He said leaning back, Gulf laughed standing up "as if I need it!"

He walked to the kitchen and Mild watched. He really did look better, his smile didn't look forced anymore, it didn't seem like being happy caused him pain and he was talking about his parents more and more when before it was a 'not to be spoken of' subject.

There was a knock and Mild went to open it.

"We got beer!" Bright said happily as he stepped in "And crispy pork!" Said Saint mocking Bright.

Gulf laughed at them and finished setting up the table.

"So is team KanaBright back on?" Bright asked excitedly, Gulf took a bite of his crispy pork and smiled "Yesfm" he said with a full mouth.

"KanaBright?!? What are you 5?!" Saint said sarcastically, Bright pinched him "Ow! You asshole!"

"I missed KanaBright!" Mild said laughing "maybe we can do a ZeeSaint as well?" He asked arching a brow.

"Don't even go there." Saint said rolling his eyes.

"Is there something going on between you and Zee?" Gulf asked confused by the couple name.

"Of course not!"

"No of course not!" Mild said mockingly "just the fact that he texts Saint all the time, and brings him coffee, and eats him with his eyes!!"

"Shut up!" Saint said slightly blushing.

Gulf raised a brow "He seems like a good guy, how come you don't want to try?"

"Gulf dear you have no say when you haven't had a relationship for years okay?!" He widened his eyes as soon as he said it, regretting it but Gulf just laughed.

"Well someone is sassy when it comes to Pruk!" Gulf teased and they all relaxed.

"Well what about you and Mew?" Saint said teasing back and Mild kicked him under the table.