Chapter 36

Mew finally cleaned up the table and threw the dishes in the sink he turned around frustrated. Today had been a day wasted. Gulf had come in cold and distant and remained that way all day, well that was when he wasn't sleeping, which to be honest he was doing a lot. He had gotten there that morning, and silently ate breakfast and just like yesterday once he was out of the shower he had been fast asleep.

Mew couldn't help but stare at him as he slept. His frown gone, relaxed. He had watched him sleep for a while, full of questions. Why was he being so distant again, they had talked calmly yesterday, granted it was about work but still. But today he had come in treating him like air again, when he had finally woken up they had eaten dinner and when Mew had tried to start a conversation. Gulf had answer coldly cutting off any chances of the conversation to keep going.

Gulf had then ignored him and centered all his attention on Chopper. He was glad that he had kept him, otherwise it would have been very awkward for the both of them. He groaned he hated that the little progress he had made was destroyed in a day and now he only had one day left.

"What are we gonna do Chopper?" He said looking at the fluff, Chopper just continued to lay there. Mew eyed him carefully. He crouched next to him "Are you okay buddy?" He asked rubbing his ear, Chopper wagged his tail in response. Maybe he was bored of being inside all day, he smiled, okay then "Shall we try going out to the park with Gulf tomorrow?" Chopper barked excitedly, Mew didn't know if it was because of the park or because of Gulf but either way, he wasn't going to give up.

"Should we go to bed?" He walked into the room and realized how late it was. Chopper ran and hopped on the bed snuggling down on the covers, Mew took his shirt off and threw it on the floor, he walked to the bed and pulled Chopper closer, he smelled like lavender, it made him smile.

Meanwhile...

Gulf laid on the bed listening to Mild snore slightly. He had been asked a thousand questions by him. He looked over a the clock. 2:40 am. He rolled his eyes, so he could sleep like a damn baby at Mew's but was wide awake now. He remembered waking up briefly during his nap and seeing Mew seated on the floor next to the couch working, he had to hold back the urge he had to run his fingers through his hair. So much he had flipped himself to face the couch.

He had pretended to continue to sleep. But he laid there listening to Mew sing softly and hum, he realized he probably didn't even realize he was doing it, it combined with sound of his fingers hitting the keys on his laptop. He heard him hum and sing and then pause whenever he was caught in his thoughts and then he went right back to it. He had heard him pick up a call, and talk so gently to whoever was on the other side.

"Nida I love you, but don't try to manipulate me" he had said with a soft laugh. Gulf had felt a pang of bitterness at the words. Who was Nida? Chopper had also barked happily at the sound of her name and that made Gulf even more bitter. Then catching himself , he willed himself to stop listening. Why do I care who he talks to. He can love whoever he wants, I mean look at him, who wouldn't want him anyway.

Jimmy's words flashed back in his mind. He frowned. He closed his eyes and recalled his relationship before everything changed.

**Flashback**

The whistle rang, he smiled widely once the game was over, they had won.Gulf felt the rush of adrenaline flow through his veins

"Kana!!!" Bright yelled followed by Mild and Saint who had hopped on the field as well he ran towards them, Bright picked him up and turned him "we did it Kana!" He yelled in the mist of all the cheers "we won district!"

Saint and Mild finally reached them and hugged the both of them "Way to go guys! Y'all were amazing!" Mild yelled

"If I don't know you guys I would probably fall head over heels for y'all" said Saint causing them all to giggle. "Let's go celebrate after the ceremony !" They all agreed to meet up outside the locker room.

20 mins later

"Hurry up Kanawut!" Bright yelled "we don't have all the time in the world!" He said as he left the locker room. Gulf finished his shower and walked to the locker, he quickly threw his boxers on.

"Congratulations" he felt himself tense, the TA was here again, he realized quickly they were alone and got dressed faster.

"Thanks sir" he said without looking at him he put his shirt on and hurried his fingers fumbling in the process

"It's okay Kanawut I'm not going to do anything to you" he said, Gulf frowned he should have told the guys about him but he had kept it a secret for a while now but he was a beginning to cross the line, had he watched him shower?

"Kanawut are you here?!" He heard Jimmy's voice call out from outside

"Yes!" He yelled back a little too excited but he didn't care this was his way out, the TA frowned.

"He's not a good guy Gulf" he said serious, Gulf felt a chill "he doesn't take you seriously you deserve better"

"Hurry up Gulf!" Jimmy yelled again, Gulf didn't answer the creep he just grabbed his stuff and rushed out. Jimmy smiled at the sight of him "Congrats babe!" He yelled hugging him. "He pulled back and looked at him "Are you okay ? You're shaking.."

Gulf smiled "Yeah I'm fine! Just so happy we won!" He lied "Are you coming with us to celebrate" he saw Jimmy change expressions.

"Ah about that Tommy asked me to go with him first you know being my best friend and all" he said, Gulf should've known, Tommy would always come first, but the guys did for him as well so he understood.

"Okay babe" he said smiling "have fun! Text me when you're home!" Jimmy hugged him and kissed his cheek "See yah" he said as he rushed out to meet Tommy, Gulf sighed and turned

"Told you" the TA was standing there glaring in the direction Jimmy had run off on "He's probably fucking that Tommy" he said with disdain.

"Stop it!" Gulf said upset "It's none of your business" and stormed off. He turned the corner just in time to see Jimmy kissing Tommy. He felt a pang, but ignored it, he walked away in the other direction and kept it to himself.

"Hey what took you so long?" The guys asked eyeing him, the joy he had felt earlier was gone, He had known Jimmy was in love with Tommy but he had accepted him, he didn't get it, but he liked him too much to end, how stupid.

"Hey are you okay?" Mild asked "he looked up and was about to answer when he saw the TA smirking at him from the corner" he changed his face and quickly smiled "yeah! Fine! Let's go!"

**Flashback ends**

Gulf looked out from the balcony .Yeah he didn't need relationships complicating his life, he knew Jimmy had stuck with him because Tommy didn't take him serious and liked to mess around, he also knew after the accident the only reason he had stayed was because Tommy had dumped him for a girl and everyone would talk about him if he left his boyfriend after that horrible attack, he had heard him talk about it over the phone with his friends. He didn't care anymore that was in the past but it showed him people never were who they claimed to be and they all had intentions. Things were fine like this he didn't need to feel unnecessary things. He needed to stay away from Suppasit when this was over.