Chapter 61

Gulf and Mild had finally arrived at the scene after taking a quick shower at the station and grabbing the van. Mild had gone to clear out the place and Gulf was clearing his mind. He needed a blank slate to pick up on anything that may break this case.

If he confirmed this was the same killer that would make this the 5th victim. This guy was thorough. He cleaned the bodies didn't leave any trail behind.

Mild motioned for him to go in and he nodded. He got off the van and ignored the stares from the officers and detectives around. He knew Mew was somewhere in there but didn't loose his focus. This was important, this was his job.

He walked in the building making his way to the room where the crime scene had been set up, the smell of bleach reaching his nostrils. Mild nodded and left him alone. He walked in looking around slowly. There was black petals scattered on the ground but they all made a path to the body. Whoever this killer was he liked to present his victims like a ritual , almost sacrificial form.

Gulf took pictures of the crime scene. Whoever did this had plenty of time. They were able to scout for abandoned buildings and clean an area spotless with no one noticing them coming or going.

He looked at the contrast, the area where the victim was propped the ground had been cleaned, in this case the light gray tiles shined. He noted the person had picked an area where no tiles were cracked nor broken.

He looked to the surrounding area, the tiles covered in grime and dirt, you couldn't even tell the tile was a light grey to begin with, much of it was cracked, covered in trash and dust and swallowed by the darkness since no light was hitting it.

He walked slowly towards the victim, he rounded her until he was face to face with her. Young was again, maybe 24-26 from her looks, he crouched down, her eyes were open glassed over facing her killer. He noted her hands were loose, but could see the markings of where her nails had dug in into the palm of her hand, he flipped her wrist around remembering the location had changed last time and there they were. The 5 tiny dots confirming it was the same killer.

He took a picture. He looked at her. 'Come on give me something, anything so I can stop this psychopath' he thought. He began taking pictures of her, how she was posed, her surroundings how she was propped, before he even moved her , preserving the scene. He already had it etched in his mind. He began talking pictures of the light green dress she had on.

He was almost certain this was not the clothes she was wearing when she was taken. He looked at the earrings dangling from her ears, taking a mental note they were burgundy. They didn't match. If his theory was true this meant the killer was either close enough to know their size, or had access to their home? He wrote it down.

He noted she was wearing a necklace, no bracelets or rings. He removed the Black Rose from her mouth slowly and placed it in an evidence bag. After he was done examining the front and taking pictures of the puncture wound from the needle , he flipped her over slightly to see if there was any markings on her back. He noticed a small stain at the bottom of the dress.

He checked and it didn't seem like she had urinated herself, the stain was too small, it looked slightly brown. He frowned. He bent down further and took a picture, the over powering smell of bleach was stronger since he was closer to the body now, but he could pick up the slight scent of something else.

He eyed the stain trying to push aside the smell of bleach. He closed his eyes concentrating on the fading scent. Coffee. His eyes opened in a flash. He smiled. He heard a gasp and stood up quickly. He looked around the shadows.Narrowing his eyes trying to make sense of the figures. He took a step closer. Glancing around scanning the surroundings slowly.