Chapter 33

Mew cleaned the table, he was happy him and Gulf had been able to talk for so long but he also realized they had talked only about work and nothing else. How was that even possible? So they had nothing to talk about besides that?

Chopper whined at his feet asking for attention. "Give me a moment, I'll get right to you as soon as I'm done with the dishes" he told him softly. Keys started to jangle at his door and Chopper ran over to  investigate.

It could only be two people, Zee who had his emergency spare key, or his sister. Zee would usually knock first so it could only be-

"Chopper! My fluffy little fur ball! Did you miss me? How was your day? Did you like spending it with Mew?" Chopper jumped happily at his sisters feet.

"Nida how is he supposed to answer any of those questions?" He teased "You don't even give him a chance"

She rolled her eyes at him "Your jokes are so lame, no wonder you're single" she said laughing. He tsked in response. His sister always knew how to hurt him. She was beautiful and smart, and straightforward, sometimes a little too much.

"So how was spending your day with your crush go?" She asked sauntering into the kitchen and grabbing an apple as she took a seat " did he fall for your lame jokes? Is he okay with dating a grandfather in the body of a 29 year old?" She teased.

"Do you want to get smacked by your big brother?" He said while splashing her with some water from his fingertips. "It actually went pretty well, well that is until he realized he had been nice to me and clammed up again"

Nida eyed her brother, he had told her about the guy from work, Gulf was it? He had looked so happy when talking about him and it made her nervous, Mew didn't look it but he was a sentimental, sensitive baby when it came to love. She wanted to beat up everyone that had hurt him or used him for his money, the fact that he was still willing to try was incredible to her. The fact that he was going for someone he called an Ice Beauty made her even more worried.

"Why can't you be normal?" She asked causing him to turn back and look at her weirdly "I mean I don't know pick someone who's already into you , who shows interest , who is not emotionally unavailable" she got up and walk towards him " why complicate your life?" She put her hand on his shoulder.

"I can't explain it, he just feel lik-"

"Home" she finished. Yeah she had heard him the first time and that's what worries her, she was going to need to meet this Gulf, see what her brother was up against.

"Stop it Nida" Mew said glaring at her

She smirked "Stop what?!"

"I see you thinking, I know you're planning something, don't butt in" that caused her to smile even more "I would never " she said starting to back away.

"Nida" he warned

"See you later big brother!" She called as she ran to the door " Love you!!" She screamed as she shut the door to dodge the sponge he threw at her.

"Love you too" he chuckled.

Later that night....

He was angry, no longer annoyed but now really angry. This was the third night he wasn't able to see Gulf. He walked to the bed and flipped the sheets. Where the fuck was he? Was he at Mild's again? Why was he staying at Mild's place so fucking often. He fucking hated it. He hated the fact that he wasn't able to watch him sleep or shower. He hated the fact that he was staying at another mans place, also because of his work schedule being changed he wasn't able to go watch him leave Mild's house.

He grabbed the pillow and threw it across the room. He breathed in deeply, even the smell of lavender was fading!!! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! He wanted to kill his boss for messing up his routine. Not only did he now have to adjust the way he found the stupid women he needed but was missing seeing the guy he loved. Maybe he should just kill the manager for ruining his plans!

He breathed hard, the sound of it echoing in the empty room. He needed to calm down. He smiled, he knew what would help. He began walking to the restroom, undressing himself, he filled the tub and poured some of the lavender soap in the water, quickly the room filled with the scent, he smiled, now he was surrounded by Kana's smell. He sat on the tub and enjoyed a long bath, imagining having Gulf wash his back, or sit there relaxing in the water with him, he felt his anger fade away.

He stepped out of the shower and emptied the tub , he used Gulf's towel and smelled How their scents mixed together he walked out and laid on the bed, maybe he could just sleep here tonight, imagine him with him. He walked to the closet and threw on a pair of pjs , he laid on the bed again  and snuggled the pillow, yeah he could definitely sleep here, surrounded by his smell, by his presence, what was the point of going back home to that bitch, she only knew how to annoy him. Yeah he would stay here tonight and enjoy it. He quickly began drifting off into sleep.

Later...

Gulf woke up with a gasp, he looked around trying to clear his fuzzy mind, he was at Mild's. He closed his eyes for a moment pushing the remains of the nightmare away, he had seen his attacker again, he had been watching him silently from the shadows, following him, blaming him for his parents death and his own, asking for justice for his unrequited love. He got up he knew that was all the sleep he was gonna get. He walked out of the room and to the balcony. He looked out, it was a cloudy dawn. He could smell the rain in the air. He closed his eyes. "I promise I can help you be happy" he heard the words ring in his ears.

He opened his eyes, was that a memory? He scoffed, how can anyone help him? Could they take away his nightmares? Could they bring his parents back? Could they rip this guilt he felt at the fact that he was still alive? No they couldn't. His parents were dead, and it was his fault. He wouldn't be able to forgive himself if anyone else died because of him, so it was better to be alone. It was better if no one got close. He recalled seeing Mew dance and smiled. He shook his head, no matter how much he called his attention he couldn't budge, it was for their own good. He didn't care if he was lonely, it was fine, he didn't deserve to be happy, not when his parents were dead because of him.