Chapter 23

Mew opened the door and let Zee in, Chopper ran over to him wagging his tail in hopes of getting some treats for his cuteness. His sister had dropped him off earlier with the excuse she had a big project and he was going to be home all day.

Zee bent down to give him belly rubs "I didn't know what you wanted so I got the usual " he said to Mew. Mew took the beagles out of the bag on popped them in the toaster, he pulled out the cream cheese and poured himself a cup of coffee.

Zee got up from where he was crouching with Chopper and grabbed a cup and poured some coffee for himself as well. "Did you want to do anything today? Or are you still not in the mood?" He asked

Mew looked at Chopper "I don't really feel like doing anything, but I'm also too wound up to stay here" he said, the nightmare had woken him up and the anxious feeling would not go away.

"Let's take Chopper to the park, he always helps me get plenty of numbers when he's with us" Zee said winking at his tiny wingman

Mew rolled his eyes, before he could retort his phone beeped, he reached for it as he put the cup of coffee to his lips, unknown number. He unlocked the screen and took a sip of coffee, suddenly he was a spluttering mess, coughing hard from the coffee that he felt had lodge in his throat with the shock.

"What the fuck?!" Zee said picking up Chopper so he wouldn't lick the spilled coffee on the floor.

Mew read the message again to make sure he wasn't hallucinating, he looked up at Zee who was looking at him like he was insane "Mild just texted me!"

Zee furrowed his brows "So? Is he telling you off like Saint did?" I mean yes they were in the wrong but how many insults would Mew have to take for it.

"No... he's asking if I'm in the mood for a hike..." Mew said confused. A hike? Was Mild planning to leave his body in the middle of the woods? Zee snatched the phone from his hand and quickly wrote a reply.

"What the fuck are you doing!!" Mew shouted

"Helping you , you idiot!" He yelled back he gave the phone to Mew and he read the reply.

Sure. Send me the location

Mew's eyes widened "What?! Why would I! Saint probably told him everything already and this is him setting me up to kill me in the woods!"

"Okay.... stop being such a dramatic bitch first of all!" Zee couldn't believe how his usually cool and collected friend was currently behaving, it was like he was talking to a young Mew again "If Mild wrote you then yes my best guess is he knows what you did" Mew sat down heavily on the chair

"It also means he doesn't care, he probably figured you did it because you cared for Gulf so he's helping you!" Zee said with a smile.

"How do you know?" Mew said still doubtful

"Because I would do the same" Zee replied while he played with Choppers ears

His phone beeped again, he was nervous to see the reply, what if Zee was wrong, what if it was making things worse? What if it was a trap and a Mild wanted to beat him senseless

Zee saw Mew overthinking things and laughed "Stop acting like a teenager and read the reply!"

Mew looked at his phone and unlocked it.

We're going on a hike , if you happened to run into us we'll I would call it fate? Lol I still don't forgive you for snooping, but if you want my support you have to show us you mean it

And then the map with the location was attached. Mew looked at Zee who was watching him intently

"So? Are we going on a hike or what?" He asked

Mew looked at the message again and smiled
"I guess were going hiking today Chopper!"

Meanwhile ...

Mild smiled at his phone. Fate huh? He chuckled, he would see if this ship would sail or not. But he also wasn't going to make things easy for him, sure he told him where they would be but it would be his job to find them once they were there. He smiled again.

"Babe, I know that smile, what are you planning?" Boat said as he drove , he had shown up at the last minute and decided he wanted to join as well , which was fine with Mild.
"Oh nothing" he said chuckling "I'm innocent!"

Boat squeezed his cheek "Innocent my ass, I can literally hear the wheels in your brain turning Suttinut!" He teased, Mild grabbed the hand that had pinched his cheek and his kissed it. He just wanted his best friend to be able to enjoy moments like these with someone who loved him.

"I'm just helping fate a tiny bit" he said quizzically "making sure it's red strings are up and running, you know?" Boat glanced at him briefly before putting his eyes back on the road again. He smiled he knew how playful his boyfriend was he just hoped whatever it was he was meddling with didn't blow up on his face later on.

Mild looked to the car in front, both Saint and Gulf had decided to ride with Bright, Saint using the excuse of how their lovey dovey actions made him nauseous and Gulf because well, he didn't feel comfortable with Boat just yet, and Mild understood he had kept Boat a secret till they were already together for a year, and Gulf was not happy about it.

He had told Saint what he had done already so he wouldn't be surprised if they ran into him, also so he could help calm Bright once his over protective mode kicked in. He hoped everything turned out right with this trip. He hoped he wasn't wrong about Mew.