Chapter 52

Tommy sat there still trying to process everything. Jimmy was gone. His Jimmy was gone. There would be no more fights, no more arguments, no more getting caught cheating. He smiled even though what he really wanted was to cry.

There would be no more make up sex,  no more adventures, no more cuddles in the morning, he wouldn't get to see his silly smile when he did something stupid, or see him pout at him when he wanted something.

Tommy blinked. How long had he been sitting here? Being alone for what felt like an eternity was allowing his thoughts to beat him down.
He clutched at the necklace around his neck feeling the ring. He felt guilt and regret seep in.
Jimmy had loved him for as long as he could remember and Tommy had done nothing but mistreat him and use him, only because he knew he would always come back.

He laughed sadly. He had loved him too, why was it now that he realized it? When he could no longer fix it? When he could no longer beg for forgiveness one more time and see Jimmy's eyes go from hurt to longing. Why had he taken his love an affection so carelessly? Why did Jimmy put up with it. He closed his eyes and recalled their last fight.

Flashback

"Are you seriously doing this to me again?!?" Jimmy screamed his voice cracking painfully "I've loved you for over 13 years now, you and only you!" His tears were now falling non stop "why again? We were doing so good! I didn't even care about your stupid shady business!!!" He said angrily, he paced frustrated "Why are you pushing me aside for another woman who you know will only last you what?!? A couple of fucking weeks?!?!?"

Tommy glared at him coldly "Calm the fuck down Karn, stop being so dramatic." Jimmy eyes widened "you've known this is how I am, if you don't like it don't fucking stick around" he said nonchalant as he lit his cigarette.

Jimmy grabbed it angrily and smash it on the floor "So you're just going to go and fuck around with another new bitch because she's the daughter of a new partner of yours???!!! Is this how you secure your business? By using your dick instead of your brain!!!!" Tommy slapped him hard across the face causing him to stumble back, he looked at him shocked.

"I told you to calm down didn't I?" Tommy growled.

Jimmy let the tears fall and felt the sting on his cheek "Was it so wrong for me to love you? Is that why you treat me like this? Like I'm a toy you can use whenever? Is it fun for you to use my love for you against me?" He said softly.

"I never asked for you to love me. Stop expecting things from me you won't get. I don't love you now and I never will." The words had hurt Jimmy more than Tommy realized. He looked over at the bags of drugs on the table and in a fit of anger grabbed them and rushed to the restroom.

"Jimmy goddammit open the fucking door!!!" Tommy banged on the bathroom door "that shit is expensive you little shit! It's worth more than you ever will be!!" he shouted. Jimmy finally opened the door and threw the empty bags at his feet.

"Hope this ruins it for you and that bitch!" He yelled and stormed off.

Flasahback ends

Tommy swallowed hard. Those were lies. He did love him and it did hurt him to push him away but he had no choice he had been in this life for way too long and if he didn't follow the rules he knew the consequences well. If they knew he cared for him he would be an easy target and he couldn't allow that to happen. He laughed bitterly, the one thing he had tried so hard to do was to protect Jimmy and he had hurt him non stop to do it. Now he was gone and everything he did amounted to nothing.

The door opened and Mew walked in. He took a seat in front of him.

"Mr. Sittichok can you tell me where you were between the hours of  11 pm Saturday and 5 am Sunday?" Tommy blinked, he had been in the middle of a deal, the partnership he had pushed Jimmy away for. He remained silent. If he said anything involving those people his family would be dead.

"Did you happen to have any contact with Mr.Karn during that time frame?"

"No"

Mew arched a brow "Your phone records indicate Mr.Karn called you around 2:43 am , 4 times" Tommy knew that, he had ignored the calls. Was he calling to ask me for help? He swallowed hard.

"Records also indicate you had a brief conversation with him, for about 1:23 seconds" Yeah that's true Tommy thought. One minute he used to call him a piece of shit and that he should never contact him again. He hadn't even let him speak even though he could hear he was crying.

Mew placed the necklace on the table "Do you recognize this?" Tommy hands instinctively moved to clutch the identical one around his neck. He nodded.

"This was one of the tools used to choke Mr.Karn" he placed pictures on the table, he could see the markings on his neck, the pattern of the necklace imprinted. Tommy stared at the pictures of Jimmy's dead body and felt like part of him died "This was found in your home along with his wallet and phone"

Tommy looked up "What?!?"

Mew arched a brow. That seemed like genuine shock. Something was really bugging him about this. "Can you explain to me how these may have gotten there?"

Tommy thought hard. The deal was going good could it be they killed him because the daughter complained? Could she had planted the things for that small slap he had given her? He looked up to the detective who was eyeing him. Even if that was true he couldn't say a word. They would kill his whole family.

"Mr. Sittichok Im not sure if you don't understand the situation, but you are currently our prime suspect. We have the victims belongings in your home" he placed a letter and a picture with Jimmy's face scratched off on the table "we also have you threatening to kill him, as well as the drugs we found in your residence" Tommy frowned. It must've been them. They killed his Jimmy. It was his fault he was dead. "Things aren't looking too good for you"

Tommy stopped clenching the necklace around his neck. He had brought nothing but pain to Jimmy and now he was going to pay for it.

"Do you understand?"

Tommy nodded. He understood alright. This was Karma, karma for all the pain he had inflicted to the only person who truly loved him and cared for him. He remained silent. This was his punishment.

——

Mew stepped out of the room and closed the door.

"Why am I feeling bad for this guy?" Zee said coming out from the viewing room.

"Maybe because he looks like he's been hit by a truck, or like if someone killed something precious to him" Mew said.

"Well from the looks of those letters the guy couldn't have possibly been that precious, if you ask me the guy played him like a tool" Zee said.

Yeah it did seem that way to Mew as well, but he had also seen the shock on his face at the picture as well as the pain in his eyes. It just didn't feel right.

"He can't give us an alibi but he also doesn't claim to be guilty when all evidence points to him" Exactly, Mew thought ,it was too clean. It seemed too perfect and that bothered him. A lot.