Chapter 67

Saint was nervous, really nervous, he had sweaty cold hands and he felt like his hear was beating a hundred miles per hour. He had trouble working all day with the thousand of scenarios that kept playing in his head. Maybe this was a bad idea.

"Relax a little won't you" Gulf said while keeping his eyes on the road, Perth had dropped off Saint this morning after his car hadn't turned on, so he needed a ride to where he was going to meet with Zee. "I can practically breathe in your tension, maybe this was a job for Mild, I don't know anything about dating" he said with a chuckle.

"Sorry, I can't help it I have no idea why I'm feeling like this" Saint said sighing while looking out the window "Get down with me please?"

"What? That's weird! Even I know that, I doubt Zee wants to talk to you with me there Saint"
Saint laughed "No Kana, we're 30 mins ahead just get down and have something to drink with me while we wait for him please, if I sit in that place by myself, I will probably walk out"

Gulf glanced at Saint briefly "Okay, ill go in and wait with you."

A few minutes later they were sitting at the restaurant. Saint's phone beeped and he checked the message, quickly sending a reply. He looked up at Gulf who was clearly uncomfortable "He said he's 5 minutes away"

"Okay so ill stay with you for a couple more and leave so he doesn't feel weird that I'm here" Gulf said finally taking a sip of his drink.

"It's fine I told him you were here I actually had to ask you for another favor" Saint said biting his lip

"What is it now?"

"Zee doesn't have his car with him either, it seems he stayed at Mew's and left it there last night" Gulf was confused "Since I don't have a car either could you let me keep yours? I'll drop off Zee and then I will pick you up in the morning okay?"

"Wait then how is he getting here now?" Gulf had a bad feeling about this

"Mew, he said he could give you a ride back!"

His bad feeling was right. He was trying to stay away from Mew ever since he had felt how the atmosphere between them changed the night before.

"I..." What could he say his friends didn't know he and Mew had kissed, and he wasn't planning on telling the any time soon "It's fine I don't want to bother him" he handed Saint his keys "I'll catch a taxi don't worry about it"

"Are you sure? He lives like 5 mins from your place I'm sure he doesn't mind Kana" He knew Saint was right but he rather not risk it, they were friends sure and he wanted it to remain that way.

"Yeah, I'm sure" he said standing up "I'll get going now he should be here at any moment so don't be nervous and be honest okay?" Gulf said giving him a small smile "Text me when you're home"

He walked out of the restaurant and called the cab service. As he stood there waiting for someone to pick up on the other side, he bit his bottom lip.

"Gulf?" Ah fuck! He would recognize that voice anywhere, the way it sent little bolts of electricity through him every single time without fail made it impossible for him not to know who it was. He turned and his eyes met with Mew's dark ones.

"Oh hey" Gulf kept his face blank he didn't need Mew knowing the effect he had on him. "What are you doing over here? I thought Saint told you I was giving you a ride home?"

"Ah, yeah I just didn't want to bother you so I was ordering a taxi" he replied coolly. "Oh" Mew looked at him "I was actually hoping we could talk"

Fuck. He knew it, he knew he was going to bring this up, but Gulf wasn't ready. He had just started on this whole giving life a try after years of just existing, he didn't know if he was ready to try anything with anyone no matter how attracted he was to Mew.