Chapter 39

The way Mild felt he could cut the tension radiating off Gulf right now with a knife was incredible. He wanted to know but was too nervous to ask. Gulf didn't seem angry it was a combination of shocked, confused -and something else. He debated whether to risk it or not.

"Can you tell chief I'll be working from home the rest of the week?" Gulf said cutting the silence.

"What? Why?!" Mild was shocked Gulf never allowed anything to come between him and his work, not even his episodes, whatever happened between them was bad, real bad.

"I fell earlier and my foot is hurting a lot I want to rest it a bit more before I go back, and I would like to do it in the comfort of my own home" he said before Mild could protest to him staying at his place longer, Mild glanced at him when they reached the light. He looked... confused? No. Something else but he couldn't pin point it because Gulf kept trying to put his poker face on.

"I'm fine Mild, please just talk to the chief I'm sure he'll understand and if you could bring me the files in the morning I'll work on them"

The light changed and Mild sighed "Okay which cases do you want?"

"All of them." Gulf said it so resolutely Mild almost braked mid traffic. "What!?"  He asked

"Yeah just bring all of them, I have nothing else to do at home so it will be good for me" as he finished his sentence they pulled up to his townhome. Gulf glanced at it and frowned. Had he left a light on? He hadn't been home for 5 days and Mild ended up not coming to get him clothes since he had plenty of them at his place.

"What's wrong?" Gulf shook his head "Nothing call me tomorrow when you're here with the files, good night" and he walked off before Mild could bombard him with more questions.

Mild watch him carefully he seemed hesitant about something as he walked towards the house. He grabbed his phone and texted Mew.

What happened? Why is Gulf acting so strange?

He glanced back one last time as Gulf walked in and drove away. Something was definitely wrong if Gulf was going to drown himself in work.

Gulf stopped in his doorway. Something felt off, he looked around to see if anything had been moved. Nothing looked out of the ordinary, he dropped the bag with his meds on the table and looked around.

He walked into his room and widened his eyes. The smell of lavender seemed way too strong for a place that had been empty for 5 days. He walked around the room everything seemed to be in its place, when he walked in the restroom he glanced at his soap, had he used that much already? He sighed "Stop being paranoid Gulf"

He went and laid on the bed, tired, flashes of Mew and him kissing made his heart beat faster, he groaned and covered his face with his hands. What the fuck was wrong with him! He should've never kissed him back! He should've just shoved him away harder, he should've stopped it , he shouldn't have allowed it to happen.

Yet the way he felt the moment they stopped kissing was the worse part, he yearned to be back in his arms, to have his lips on his, he wanted nothing more than to tell Mild to fuck off and stay there with Suppasit. He grabbed the pillow and put it over his face! "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" He screamed in frustration. He wouldn't be able to sleep at this rate.

He got up and limped his way to the living room table grabbing the sleeping pills the doctor had prescribed, he definitely needed them today. He grabbed one and walked to the kitchen for a glass of water, he took the pill and looked at house, something still felt weird to him.

He ignored it and went back to the room he took his clothes off dropping them on the ground just keeping his boxers, he got under the covers and willed himself to think of anything else beside Suppasit. He failed miserably. Then he remembered the woman and frowned, that's right he had someone yet he had gone and kissed him. He felt bitter, he chuckled at the fact that he had completely forgotten the woman existed even though he had seen her this morning.

He began to feel sleepy the pills kicking in, he frowned confused, had he begun to fall for someone who already had someone else? Was this Jimmy all over gain? No. He don't want it, he didn't want to be ....hurt ... and then he was in deep sleep.

Meanwhile....

Mew kept his head under the hot water letting it relax him, he felt so tense. After reading and ignoring Mild's text he had berated himself till he felt like a complete idiot. He should've known better, he had let his emotions and his need drive him and now here he was crying over spilled milk.

He hit the wall "Fuck!!" He exclaimed frustrated. He didn't even know what he was thinking all he knew is Gulf had been in his arms, tantalizing his senses with his lavender scent, and then he had seen those chocolate brown eyes drop down to his lips and sanity had flown out the window, he had needed to urgently close the gap between them, he had felt like he couldn't breathe until he did it, and then it had been amazing.

He smiled despite his anger, he had felt like the world had stopped, and then it got even better the moment he had felt Gulf kiss him back, he felt whole, everything fell into place, he didn't want to let go he wanted to stay right there next to him, and then he had heard him groan and his body had instinctively reacted he had drawn him closer the friction between the two becoming torture for him, and then within a split second it had all came crashing down, he had pushed him away and Mew had felt empty. He had seen it clear as day. Fear, Gulf's eyes had no trace of anything else but fear.

Later that night...

Gulf heard a noise in the distance, it was hard for him to think, his mind was clouded by the pills and he felt like his eyes were lead, he could smell something in the air... lavender.. Mixed with what? What is that? Coffee? Who was making coffee?.. he willed his eyes to open but they wouldn't.. he felt sleepier by the second he finally managed to slightly open his eyes before he fell back into a deep sleep. Was that a man standing in his doorway? Why did he seem familiar? And then sleep over took him.

He couldn't believe his luck, he felt a thrill rush through him. His Kana was back and by the looks  of the meds on the table he was also in deep sleep. He watched him struggle to open his eyes from the doorway, how cute, he felt the urge to just wake him up and tell him now how they were meant to be but he knew it wasn't time yet. He walked towards him slowly taking the opportunity he was given.

He sat on the bed next to him, softly touching his hair, he couldn't believe his luck! He was able to see him this close, to touch him, it made him even more eager to have him, but all good things come with time. He ran his fingers softly on his face, tracing his brows, eyes, nose, lips, he paused,man he wanted those lips.

He decided he deserved a little treat today since he had been so patient and not killed any of his friends for allowing for him to be hurt and keeping him away for so long. He leaned in close, hovering his lips over Gulf's, God had he dreamed of this moment, it would be better of course if he was fully awake but for today it would do. He leaned in and kissed his lips. He felt his groin respond at the touch and groaned. Fuck he wanted him he wanted him bad, he got up quickly he had wanted to spend the night here enveloped by his smell, but he was back, and his treat had become even sweeter, but the longer he stayed here the harder he got and he didn't want to mess up just yet. Their first time should be special and he should definitely be awake. He leaned in again and pecked his lips "Soon Kana, I love you" he whispered and walked away.