Chapter 62

Gulf woke up startled sitting upright on the bed. He felt the sudden rush of dizziness hit him like a tidal wave forcing his eyes shut.

"Relax!" Mild's voice came next to him, he felt him help him lay back down.

"What happened?!?" Gulf said confused not sure what was reality and a dream for a moment.

"That's what I want to ask you" Mild sighed "Gulf what happened?" He grabbed his hand "I found you on the floor next to the body unconscious and bleeding from a wound to the head, do you remember?"

Gulf frowned with his eyes closed, pushing away his nightmare and trying to recall reality. His eyes flashed open.

"The killer.." He looked at Mild "the killer was there Mild. He was watching" he said his voice trembling a bit at the end. This was hitting a little too close to home for him.

Mild saw the pain in his face and knew he remembered, the man who had killed his parents had also been there, watching.

The door opened and Mew walked in with a cup of coffee in each hand. "Oh, you're up! How are you feeling" he said handing the coffee to Mild.

"Coffee..." Gulf whispered and they looked at him weirdly. "There was a coffee stain on the dress, it's his first mistake!"

"Coffee stain?" Mild repeated.

Gulf nodded " I was suspecting since the last kill that the victims weren't killed in the clothes they were wearing but I am sure it's their own personal clothing" he saw them paying attention so he continued closing his eyes to recall the images "it either means he knows them well enough to know their size, or he breaks in and steals it" he kept his eyes closed.

"But we search the victims home, we know they aren't abducted from there and there is no signs of forced entry either" Mew said.

"Yes but I don't think he goes there after he takes them, I think he goes there before" Gulf sighed "Earrings that don't match, necklace that she always wear not found, graduation ring gone" he listed "all things I've noticed, I'm sure the killer is keeping trophies, and I'm sure the clothes they have on is their own" He opened his eyes to see Mew staring at him intently.

"He knows them. It's probably why their phones are gone, when we checked records we didn't check to see if they were talking to anyone in particular." The more he thought about it the more he was sure that the killer knew each victim.

"Did you see his face?" Mew felt anxious if Gulf had seen his face he would be in danger.

"No I only saw a shadow coming at me before I even had chance to react" he saw his worried faced "at least he didn't kill me" Mew frowned

"Why do you attract so much trouble" Mild said teasing trying to relieve the tension " I'm going to have to get you a guard dog."

Gulf chuckled. He closed his eyes. There was something nagging at him in the back of his mind. He furrowed his brows in thought. What was it?! He felt a cool finger land on his forehead, pushing for his furrowed brow to relax. He opened his eyes and found Mew standing there looking at him worried, with his finger on his forehead.

Mild cleared his throat and Mew suddenly realized what he was doing.

"Oh! Sorry, old habit!" He said embarrassed. "My dad used to do that when he worried so I always rubbed it away"

Gulf looked at him. Why did Mew cause this weird feeling in his chest.

There was a knock and then the doctor walked in. Mew cleared his throat "I'll be outside"