Chapter 31

They finally made it to Mew's apartment Gulf didn't allow Mew to carry him again and just used the wall for support till they got here. He was exhausted now but was not going to show it.

Mew watched Gulf look around stiff as a board. This was going to be harder than he thought, but he didn't care. At the sound of people little paws hit the floor, Gulf turned to the sound and his face lit up at the sight of Chopper.

Chopper rushed to Gulf's side like they were best friends, immediately without thinking he bent down to pick him up and his knee buckled, Mew was there in an instant holding him up " Are you okay?" He asked. Gulf just nodded yes because the pain he currently felt made him want to cry. Chopper whimpered at their feet. Mew helped Gulf over to his couch and picked up Chopper and handed him over.

"You know I've never seen him this attached to anyone, well only my sister, but other than that, no one" Mew said while smiling

"Well I like you too" Gulf said to Chopper who barked happily at him. Gulf yawned, he felt really tired but the pain was never going to let him sleep, plus how could he, would he even be able to relax in Suppasit's house?

"Do you want to take a nap?" Mew asked noticing how tired he looked " I have a spare room"

"No, I'm okay really" Mew watched him, no he wasn't he was obviously in pain and sleepy and also stubborn as fuck but it was the first time he didn't use his cold tone with him, he looked at Chopper who was in his arms snuggling away, it seemed like he helped Gulf relax, he didn't seem so tense anymore.

"Do you want your pain meds?" Gulf thought about it, he was in a lot of fucking pain and it wasn't just his ankle, his whole body was beginning to ache badly, he continued to look at Chopper and nodded.

Mew sighed in relief, at least he admitted to be in pain, he brought him the meds and a glass of water. "Are you hungry I haven't ate breakfast yet, and neither has he" he said the moment he began seeing him ready to reject " we can eat together" come on Gulf cut me some slack.

He just nodded again "Well okay, are eggs and bagels okay with you?"

"Sure" he said not looking up, it didn't matter though this was a start. Mew went grabbed a t-shirt and started cooking , he heard Gulf giggle and watched him for a moment, he looked so happy and relaxed while playing with Chopper. He turned and finished cooking he placed everything on the table and walked over to them. "Okay let's go, let me help you" he grabbed Gulfs arm and noticed he didn't tense at his touch like usual. He helped him to the table and placed Chopper's food next to him. They sat down Mew was about to pour him coffee when Gulf shook his head

"I don't like coffee, do you have tea?" He asked and finally lifted his eyes to look at Mew, shit , I have whatever the fuck you want Mew thought, Gulf arched a brow cause he hadn't answered,

Mew shot up from his seat "Y-yes, yes I do" he walked quickly to the kitchen, his reaction made Gulf smile. He came back with hot water and different kinds of teas for him. They had the rest of their breakfast in silence, but weirdly it didn't feel awkward, Gulf didn't mind his company or maybe it was having Chopper beside him that kept him calm. He felt really sleepy by the time they finished. Mew helped him back to the couch.

"I'm going to go take a shower, you're fine here right? Do you need anything before I go?" Gulf shook his head maybe he could sleep for 5 minutes while Mew was showering he felt like his eyelids were like lead, he had difficulty keeping his eyes open,he really needed a nap.

Mew glanced back at him one last time and walked into the hallway disappearing from Gulf's view. Gulf turned on the couch helping his braced leg up, he winced at the slight pain but it was way more bearable thanks to the meds. He laid back and Chopper laid on his chest. He hugged him and began to drift off.

Mew came out the cold shower, goosebumps on his skin, having Gulf in the same living space had made his mind wonder and he had to turn his warm shower into a cold one. He got dressed in some sweats and a lime green muscle shirt. He dried his hair with a towel and then just ran his fingers through it. He walked out and noticed how quiet it was, no little paws, no giggles.

He walked into the living room and found a sleeping Gulf hugging a equally asleep Chopper, he smiled. Gulf's cold expression was gone he looked so beautiful as he slept, his dark long lashes caressing his cheeks, his plump crescent lips slightly apart, he looked so innocent and tempting. Mew closed his eyes, relax Suppasit. But he had to take advantage of the moment he grabbed his phone crouched close to him and took a quick photo of him and Chopper. He smiled at it.

He got up and walked to the table where the case files Zee had dropped off while he was on the run were left. He grabbed them and took them to his office, he would let Gulf sleep as much as he needed. After a couple of hours of being immersed in paperwork he heard Chopper whimper, he looked at his watch it was already 3:30 and Gulf hadn't woken up, or ate anything. He frowned and got up, Chopper met him halfway whimpering at his feet.

Mew quickly walked to where Gulf was, he was frowning and sweating a lot, he looked like he was in pain, Mew crouched down next to him "Gulf?" He said softly, nothing he just continued to frown and breathe heavily, then he saw the tears Mew reached out to him and caressed his cheek softly wiping the tears at his touch Gulf grabbed his hand and kept it there Mew froze, if he woke up right now he would be a dead man, but he was gripping him so tightly

"Mom" Gulf whispered in his sleep and Mew felt his heart clench at how sad he had sounded. He caressed his cheek again and Gulf began to relax, he stopped fidgeting, his furrowed brows relaxed and his grip on Mew did too, Mew watched him, he continued to caress his face softly "Just give me a chance Gulf, just one chance, I promise I will help you be happy"

Gulf heard someone speak from a distance " I promise I will help you be happy" the voice sounded so sincere , so comforting , he wanted nothing more than to accept, he felt a warm sensation on his cheek then he felt like it had spread all over him and he drifted off again.