Chapter 21

Mew kept looking around, everything was so dark, he could hear someone crying. Where were they? Why did he feel so anxious. He walked through the mist a house coming into view, the door wide open, the cries were coming from inside. He walked towards the door, feeling the urge to help. When he walked through he was shocked to see Gulf crying.

But it wasn't the Gulf he knew today, it was the small boy he had seen in the picture, he looked so lonely and broken sitting in the dark room. He was crying hard, the sobs shaking his whole body, as if he sensed someone he looked to the doorway where Mew was standing. Mew froze.

He felt his heart start to thump harder in his chest, young Gulf looked at him with tears streaming from his eyes, he reached towards Mew "Help me..." he said. The sound of his voice made Mews heart clench, he took a step forward but was blocked by a barrier, he touched the wall seeing Gulf crying through it.

"Help me..." Gulf cried out again, Mew wanted nothing more than to reach out to him, protect him, he pushed the invisible wall as much as he could. He heard Gulf whimper and looked back at him, his eyes widened as he saw a dark figure appear from behind Gulf.

"No!" Mew screamed and smacked the barrier "No!" He yelled again Feeling anxious, he saw young Gulf turn to see his attacker and look back at him "Mew!! Help me!" He cried out, Mew banged and banged on the wall

"Don't touch him you sick bastard! Don't touch him!!!" The dark figured grabbed young Gulf roughly by the neck, he cried harder, the figure smacked him across the face causing him to crumple at his feet. "You piece of shit!!!" Mew screamed.

Gulf looked up at Mew, tears streaking his beautiful face "Mew ... help me" he whispered, Mew felt useless he wanted to reach him, wanted to defend him, he smacked the barrier again and again.

The figure lifted young Gulf's head by his hair causing him to whimper out in pain, Mew clenched his fist, he watched as a knife appeared out of thin air in the attacker hands, his eyes widened

"No! Don't touch him! Don't hurt him!" He yelled, and then his eyes connected with Gulfs and he saw the knife slit his throat.

Mew sat up instantly gasping for air, his heart was beating so fast he thought it would pop out of his chest, he was drenched in sweat. He groaned loudly as he laid back down on the bed. The nightmare still ringing through his brain. It had felt so real. He closed his eyes and tried to calm his hammering heart.

The image of Gulf's throat being slit appeared again and he flashed his eyes open. He looked to his night stand. 4:41 AM. He groaned again , it was his day off and he had hoped he could sleep in.

He got up and walked to his closet, pulling a pair of sweat pants out he threw them on and decided he didn't need a shirt. He walked out of the room to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water, he knew the dream was provoked by what he had read on the file. The file, he wanted to smack himself for even reading it, the look Saint had given him told him clearly he wasn't allowed no where near Gulf.

But he couldn't give up. He couldn't understand why but he needed to be near him, he needed to help him. He put the glass down and walked to the front door, putting his sneakers on he decided he would try and talk with Saint again. He opened the door and felt the breeze of the morning. He would figure out exactly what to do on his run. He closed the door and took off.

Meanwhile....

Gulf had woken up brusquely, but this time it had not been because of a nightmare. He blushed as he thought of the dream again. He looked beside him and saw Mild and Saint sound asleep. He got up quietly and left the room. He walked to the kitchen grabbing a pot and warming some water for tea. He placed it on the stove and leaned against the counter as he waited.

He closed his eyes and fragments of his dream replayed in his head. Mew reaching out to him, Mew holding him, Mew leaning in to kiss... the sound of boiling water disrupted his thoughts. He picked up the pot and poured the hot water, he finished preparing his tea and with the warm cup walked to the large windows in the apartment.

He stepped out to the balcony and took the scenery in, the sun was beginning to rise in the distance, painting the sky in pinks, purples and leftover blues from the night sky. There was a slight breeze brushing against his skin, his rumpled hair flowed around him. He liked the dawn, it was quiet and it seemed like he was the only person in the world, for a moment he felt like his worries washed away.

He remembered the dream again and frowned. Why was he even dreaming that? Suppasit and him had rarely spoken. Mew's concerned faced appeared again. He furrowed his brows, why had he looked so worried. He was so focused on the rising sun and his thoughts of Mew ,he didn't realized someone was intently watching him, his every expression and the way his hair moved with the breeze.

Gulf took one last deep breath and decided he would make breakfast for the guys, something he had not done in long time. He figured if he wanted them to stop treating him like he was made of glass he should stop acting like he was. Mild was right, he couldn't be a burden to them, his attitude made him that so he would try to improve. He turned and went back in.

In the shadows

How lucky was he that his Kana had sensed him and come out to give him a look! It was his connection to him! He knew he would be here with Mild. He was happy to see he knew his baby well. He smiled as he saw how breathtaking Gulf looked with the breeze in his hair. He watched him smile and head back in. He felt excited, maybe he should start working on the next part of his love letter. He smiled at the thought, looked back up to the now empty balcony and blew a kiss. "See you soon Kana" he whispered.