Chapter 26

Gulf kept looking to where Mew had gone and Bright had soon followed, he knew how Bright was and from the looks of it he had not liked Mew.

I doubt they would fight right? They're grown man he thought, he glanced that way again and saw Chopper emerge from the bushes near the cliff he got up slowly not to startle him.

Suddenly he heard a hiss, from the bushes a snaked slithered out towards Chopper, Gulf quickly looked around on the ground for a stick, he turned and saw one between two bushes, he quickly glanced at Chopper who had not moved and ran to get it when he turned again both the snake and Chopper had shifted closer to the edge.

He began to sweat , he got closer slowly without alerting the snake and suddenly it raised it head and snapped at Chopper causing him to retreat to the edge of the cliff. Gulf felt his heart drop
"Chopper!!!" He yelled alerting the guys who had been chattering happily a few feet away.

He took two quick strides towards the snake causing it to face him and raise its head again he used the stick quickly to throw it away. His heart was hammering in his chest he didn't want the little dog who had comforted so much to be hurt, he quickly stepped closer and he felt the ground budge.

Oh no... he wasn't about to watch Chopper die right here, he grabbed him quickly and embraced his little trembling body in his arms he felt himself relax and sighed, he turned to go back and then felt the ground crumble beneath him within seconds. Mew's panicked face was the last thing he saw as he fell.

It's crazy how time seems to slow down in dangerous situations he had enough time to protect Chopper and hug him. He hoped at least he made it, he would feel guilty if the little dog had to die with him. He didn't scream there was no point but he heard everyone shout his name as he fell. He felt the brust of wind as his body fell to what he surely thought was his death and suddenly he felt as if the wind had been punched out of him as his body crashed harshly with a piece of cliff that had stopped him from free falling.

His head throbbed due to the impact and he coughed as he gasped for air. It was dark and he couldn't see anything around him, he hurriedly checked to see if Chopper was okay touching his little body, the puppy whimpered terrified in his arms, Gulf sighed, he didn't know how far down he had fallen it all happened too quickly and slow, if that even made sense.

He felt some liquid slide down the side of his cheek where his head hurt. He could figure what it was and ignored it. He had to get Chopper out of here he tried to get up slowly since he could hardly see and felt shooting pain from his ankle. Wonderful. He could hear his name being called out repeatedly he wanted to call out but he was having a hard time breathing, he could feel the panic start to rise within him and tried hard to squash it. His body began to tremble. Flashes of his parents bloody bodies began to display. He couldn't believe his luck the high stress was going to cause him to have an episode here in the middle of nowhere.

As if sensing something was wrong Chopper began to whimper in his arms, than he began to nibble at him, almost as if he was trying to reassure him. Gulf felt his heart start to settle and hugged Chopper tightly. The throbbing pain on his head was beginning to make him nauseous and dizzy. He breathed in an out. Chopper whimpered. He felt his body beginning  to weaken, he was fainting he knew it but he was more scared of letting go of Chopper than anything else. He hugged him tightly and everything went black.

"Gulf!!!!!" They had all cried out in unison they rushed to the edge quickly. Saint fell to his knees and Zee was beside him, holding him. Boat held Mild who was screaming frantically. Both Bright and Mew stood frozen.

"Someone do something!" Screamed Mild while sobbing "Please , no!" As if by magic Bright began to move quickly to the edge trying to see down, he could see the shadows of jutting parts of the cliffs.

He got up quickly "He could be alive, there's part of the cliff that stick out he could had fallen onto one and is just unconscious, call for help we have to get down there" he said looking in his bag for the flashlight he brought.

That brought Mew back. He could be alive. He quickly grabbed his phone and called the parks number he had saved when they arrived just in case. He spoke to the park ranger and informed him that a man had fallen from the cliff on trail
33 and he needed assistance, he was Informed they would call search and rescue the helicopter should be here within 10 minutes.

Mild who had been screaming Gulfs name along with the others came running to him "What did they say!!!?"

"Search and rescue is coming, how bout you guys any response?" Mild grief stricken face was his answer. He walked to the edge of the cliff with him "Guys just for a moment stop calling his name, listen to see if we can hear anything"

That silenced all of them they had been so busy shouting they had not even thought about the fact they wouldn't be able to hear a response. It was silent except for the sound of crickets for a bit. Mild held Saint's hand tightly silently begging God.
Then like a ray of hope they heard it. A bark that was, a bark. Zee looked at Mew to see if he had heard it as well. Mew walked closer to the edge and called out. "Chopper!!!!"

Silence.Then 3 clear barks could be heard.