Chapter 18: Friends, Brothers and Sister

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!"

Luffy's phone hit the ground so hard, it almost got smashed to pieces. He had a dark and furious expression on his face; even his aura was a deadly one, Robin thought. Nobody bothered to come near him, fearing of what Luffy could instinctively do out of reflex and sheer anger.

Everyone, even Jinbe, was startled by his action. Chopper whimpered and covered his ears in the process. "Luffy..."

"What's wrong with her?! Why is she saying this kind of thing?!"

Usopp spoke, his voice trembling as much as his knees. "C-Calm down..."

"She said we can't do anything?! That that's it?!"

Franky replied calmly. "But that Bellamy guy did actually got you beaten up, didn't he?"

"What did you say?! That wasn't...I was just holding back! That doesn't make –"

"C-Calm down...s-stop–" Usopp demanded fearfully, as they watched Luffy stomp his way to the wall near the rooftop door. The raven haired boy's phone was still on the ground and Usopp picked it up, thankful that it didn't break. Not that Luffy's throw wasn't strong, it's just the case was super durable.

The screen still showed Nami and Luffy's text receipts, with the last thing on the bottom being the voice mail, as it was kept open by Usopp. Sanji turned to the latter. "Hey, let me hear it again."

Nami's voice blared from the speakers of Luffy's phone.

Please forgive me for being unable to say farewell to you all directly. I have decided to join Bellamy's troupe. Bellamy is a powerful individual who you could never match up to even if you stood up to him. Even if you came after me you would only end up losing your lives.

Lives? Seriously? At this point, Luffy had his fist on the wall and everybody was either dismayed or relieved at the final part of Nami's message. Now everything felt different and not a déjà vû anymore. Luffy had never felt this angry – no, furious – before. Maybe once, two years ago, when Arlong told him that Nami was nothing to him but an object of his goal. His blood was boiling as he breathed hard, glancing at the crack he managed to give to the concrete before him.

Why was she confusing? Why was Nami so hard to manage? Luffy didn't calm down until Zoro walked up to him, seemingly waiting for his command of action. He may have told him to leave her alone for good, but after listening to the message, Zoro himself had started feeling guilty for Luffy's undisputed act of pushing Nami away for the last couple of days.

There was only one option for Luffy, and that's what he was great at, but considering his conversation with Nami earlier, he was hesitating. With this, Luffy came running down the staircase with his eyes searching for–

"ACE!! SABO!!!"

Right now, his friends would be better off without seeing him burst out of anger – even though they already kinda did – as Luffy's voice rang across the great halls of One Piece Regal Academy. It wasn't long until the two brothers of his came out of the senior lounge and had the similar annoyed expression on their faces.

Even Luffy didn't know why his first action was to ask his brothers for help. It wasn't like him.

"I see..." Sabo hummed while he leaned back on his seat.

Ace, on the other hand, leaned his elbow on the table. "So your girl is being forced out of your clique, isn't she?"

Girl? Luffy wanted to ask why Ace said 'girl' instead of 'friend' but he was way too preoccupied of everything that was going on. All that he could say was, "Yep. And I'm gonna beat the crap out of that guy."