Chapter 47: Three Stories

"Ugh. For Goda's sake,"

SABO GROANED AS he put his phone back on the table, its screen facing the sturdy platform. His face expressed a clearly pissed off façade; his brows a bit furrowed, his eyes closed, and sharp breaths every now and then. The blazer that he once wore over his school shirt was on his lap while he pondered on the news he recently received.

The two raven haired boys, who were his brothers, stopped munching and looked at him but only the freckled one spoke. "What's wrong?"

"Dragon-san is asking me to attend a party this weekend. And it's a formal party. Damn luck,"

"A formal party, huh?" Ace scoffed.

"And he's asking me and Koala to attend,"

Luffy blinked. "Well if it's my dad asking...I don't know, we're not that close."

Ace comically sweatdropped. "And you went the trouble just to say that...?"

Monkey D Luffy's father was a certain Monkey D Dragon, the 'boss' of the 'magic cabal' called 'Revolutionary Army'. It wasn't a magic cabal of any sort but, with its more than twenty members, it was deemed as one. What's more was that, their boss was connected to other factions that even extended to the interiors of One Piece Regal Academy. Sabo, who was called the 'Chief of Staff', had become the number two of said 'magic cabal' because of his skill and determination in whatever business they were doing as a group.

One of these tasks somewhat involved going to a formal party this weekend which the 'Chief of Staff of the Revolutionary Army' did not like at all. 

Anyway.

"What, you don't like your job anymore as part of Luffy's dad's organisation?"

"No it's nothing like that," Sabo retorted with a frown. "I don't like going to formal parties outside of school even if it involved Koala."

"Then we'll go with you,"

Sabo glanced at Ace. "What?"

"Yeah. Luffy and I will go with you and Koala to that party so you can enjoy even just for a tad bit. I mean, it is still a party, right?"

The blonde haired one leaned his elbow on the table. "You can't. There's a reason why Dragon-san asked me and Koala specifically."

Luffy continued munching on the meat pie while he half-listened to what his brothers were talking about that.

======

"Portgas D Ace! Stop where you are and head over to detention, please!"

A vermillion haired girl who went under the name of 'Nailing' Isuka yelled as she spotted a freckled young lad by the corner of the hall, chasing him towards the stairs where he ran up and she almost lost sight of him. Luckily, he tripped himself and rolled a few feet forward.

Or so she thought.

"Isuka," he breathed and closed one eye while laying on the cold, tiled floor. "I have a favour to ask."

Because the homecoming dance was over, the two fo them returned to their usual 'cat and dog' chase all over the school. Isuka was mainly the one doing all the chasing because she couldn't seem to catch up to him no matter what she did.

The girl bent over to look at Ace's beady eyes. "You're in no position to ask me a favour, you know."

He closed one eye and chuckled. "Of course, of course. Geez, you wear gym shorts even if it's not sports day?"

Isuka's face turned as red as a tomato as she realised the angle Ace was looking at her; from where he was laying, he could peek under her skirt and if he tried, he could see it entirely. With that, she raised on foot and crushed Ace's face, if he didn't get up from where he was laying down.

======

NAMI CAUGHT A glimpse of Luffy looking at her from the other end of the cafeteria. He wasn't sitting with them, as of the moment, because he wanted to talk with his brothers for a while. Or rather, he got enticed by Ace's food and he decided to do anything to get a literal taste of it. Anyway, she chuckled when she saw him and winked; a gesture that, even Luffy himself was surprised with it, made his heart speed up a bit. In other words, he found it 'cute'. By his own words, of course, but that's simply what it meant.

But none of those meant that a certain 'Devil Child' didn't notice it. No, everyone in their table noticed it.

"Nami-san...did I just see you having googly eyes with that bottomless pit...?" Sanji depressingly drooped himself on the table, his face a tad pale.

Robin and Jinbe simply laughed at the sight while Usopp stared at Nami with wide eyes. Chopper continued eating because he was way too innocent to know that the others were saying but he surely noticed Luffy glancing at Nami every now and then. If anything, it felt weird for him to see their captain do that.

On the other hand, Zoro wasn't saying anything. It was also this reason why Sanji decided that this mosshead had something to do with it.

"Why're you asking me and not Luffy?"

Sanji's eyebrows twitched. "C'mon shitty swordsman. I'm sure you were with this all along. Am I right or am I right?"

"Tch. Say what you want. I'm telling you the truth. Besides, it's not like they're dating already."

"Ehh?!?!?!" Usopp thumped his hands on the table. "You two are not dating?"

Robin closed one eye as she glanced at the other girl who was a bit red on the cheeks. "Really, Nami?"

"Yep. We're not an item. I-I just told him how I feel...then turns out..." Nami paused for a while. "t-turns out..."

"Yohohohoho! Couldn't pick a better man  other than Luffy-san. Now, Nami-san, can I see your pant—"

"Shut up you damn skeleton!"

"I'm not a real skeleton but yeah sure. With that punch, you just shook my brain." Brook laughed.

Franky held up his cola. "To the super new couple!"

The others, aside from Nami, joined in as their drinks clanked over the table.

"We're not dating!!!"

Usopp rolled his eyes. "Not dating? Speak for yourself. You basically know that you like each other, but you don't take each other as a partner."

"I'd super love it to see you two in the hallways holding hands or eating on the other end of the cafeteria,"

"Guys, calm down." Nami chuckled nervously. "We're not dating. We just happened to have mutual affection for each other, that's all."

"But if he was to ask you that," Robin spoke. "will you say 'yes'?"

She actually haven't thought about that. There were a couple reasons why but the one on the top was his involvement with Boa Hancock. Nami didn't want to end up cold because she 'stole' the love of her life and that was enough reason for her to reject Luffy...if ever he would ask her out. But she couldn't also bring herself to hurt him no matter what. Like what she told Nojiko, she would not do what Luffy wouldn't do.

Robin looked past them. Nami was drinking on her bottle when someone approached her from behind and tapped her shoulder.

She didn't notice that so she gave out an answer: "Yeah maybe I will. If he was to ask me, that's all."

"Well, Luffy, would you ask her?"

"Hmm? Ask her what?"

Nami looked up behind her and saw a raven haired boy standing by. She hit her knees under the table and winced in pain, Usopp and Zoro laughing at her. Who knew this 'Cat Burglar' was a clutz on the inside, somehow?

"Luffy, what is it?"