Chapter 49: In The End

IT WAS SET.

Ace, Isuka, Sabo, Koala, Luffy and Nami were to attend the 'Silver Bell Ball' on the weekend which was, much to Sabo's annoyance, a formal party that involved fancy outfits and getups. Monkey D Dragon, Luffy's father and Sabo's "boss", was the one mainly responsible for the other guests' - other than Sabo and Koala - involvement with the party so he offered to take responsibility for their clothes.

With that being said, the three girls were inside a spacious fitting room of a certain dress shop. They waited in their underwear because, for some reason, they were being fitted one by one.

Three sets of four different ball gowns hung by the dividers which separated Isuka from Nami, Nami from Koala, and Koala from the windows. Each of them had to choose one from their pile of four different gowns that all of them found to be a bit too much. Even Koala, who was part of Dragon's business, was taken aback by their sudden need to fit dresses.

And for another, the room was big enough to be used as a classroom and it was only called a fitting room.

A vermillion haired girl named Isuka faced the body length mirror inside her own cubicle made from dividers. Right now, she was trying on a black flowy dress that exposed her back. She didn't like it so she removed it from her body and put on the one with a sleeveless corset top but also flowy. It was coloured in grey.

Meanwhile, Koala was currently removing the tight piece of gown that celebrated around her curves. She didn't like it because it was hard to move in so she grabbed the beige coloured one hanging by the divider. It was a layered gown that revealed her back; and so when she turned to look at herself in the mirror, she saw her back there. Stamped by a tattoo that resembled the sun.

However, Nami didn't get to choose between the four gowns she was given. She tried on the orange one (that matched her hair if it wasn't a shade lighter) and decided she would take it. The gown looked like those a stereotypical queen would wear and she liked it.

"You already picked a dress, right?" Luffy asked Nami as he handed her a can of freshly picked iced coffee. The recently passed by a vending machine so he decided to treat her a drink for agreeing to go with him.

He had to make her go with him to the dance. Otherwise, what would his brothers say? Especially when they have talked about it already and...

And...

And...

Nami shrugged. "Yeah I did. How about you? Got yourself a suit in the end?"

He nodded and flashed a toothy grin. "But it's a surprise so you'll not see it until then."

"In the end, you're not seeing my dress until then too."

"Huh, what's wrong with you?"

"What?"

"'In the end' this, 'in the end' that. Are you okay?"

Nami pouted. "Is something wrong, Luffy?"

"I should be the one asking you,"

"In the end, you're just making fun of me!" she grabbed his cheeks and squeezed them.

"I-I'm not making f-fun of you..." he retorted and his brows then furrowed. "but why do you keep saying 'in the end'?!"

"Does it annoy you?!"

"No it doesn't!"

"Then why are you complaining?! In the end, you're just making fun of me whether you admit or not!"

The four older ones comically sweatdropped at the 'quarrel' the two were having as they walked down the street to the boys' dorm because, for some reason, Dragon instructed them to come together even before the party. So, Nami was carrying a duffel bag which was currently being swung around to hit Luffy on the head.