Chapter 46: In the Library

A/N: Thank you for the support guys but I will tell you one thing: I actually forgot what the original story is. I know it's dumb of myself to forget the plot so I hope you understand. Anyway, I will try to update at least once a week (maybe thrice if I'm lucky enough to have free time with school and stuff) and I actually have another multi-part chapter in mind. So, with that being said, I hope you still enjoy reading the story!!!!!

~~~~~

THE DAY WENT quicker as usual but, at the same time, it felt like forever. It rained all day, which meant those students who were supposed to be catching buses would stay back and wait for the rain to stop, or proceed and wait on the unsheltered bus stops. Considering this, the cafeteria, library, and senior lounge were open to all students (and teachers) for the time being.

Lightning and thunder clashed in the skies above. But there wasn't any wind. It kept raining cats and dogs since the morning up until after school hours, and a certain orange haired girl wanted to go home already.

Of course. Nami wanted to go home.

She had planned on telling — no, confessing to — him her feelings but it didn't go as planned. First off, she thought of talking to him during recess or lunch and not first thing in the morning. And if that made her feel better by looking at the bright side, which was the problem was now finished...

"W-What do you mean your 'brothers were right'?"

The two of them now sat inside a booth in the library. Opposite seats were cushioned, the wooden table were vandalised with calligraphy, and a TV was stuck up on the wall beside the table. The library itself was nearly empty because, well, nobody wanted to stay in the library aside from the ones whose books were long overdue.

Anyway, how about Luffy? Wasn't he 'dating' the 'Pirate Empress'?

Turns out it was simply over — "That'll do," as he said — and now they were back to the status of friends with one-sided affection. But that was the least of his concern; he wasn't even worried about that in the first place.

Luffy glanced at Nami's left wrist where a gold bangle, given by her sister, and a three-domed Log Pose were. Apparently, the Log Pose she wore was a newer model because Ace also had one, but his only had one compass and its strap was made from stainless steel.

The strawhat-wearing lacky smiled. "They're saying stuff about girls and all that...I don't really get any of those that they said. But what they said was true."

"What is it?"

"They told me that the right girl will, I don't know, give up on her own happiness...no, I don't know but it's something like that."

"Oh,"

"What's wrong? I swear that's all I understood," he chuckled nervously. "you know, you can ask me anything. I'll try and answer them. Properly."

Questions. Nami hummed. What would make a good question? She looked around as she came up with one and returned her gaze at him. Though she averted her gaze as she spoke.

"R-Remember in homecoming...? During the dance...?"

Luffy blinked for a moment. "Oh yeah, Sabo taught me that dance specifically. We spent a lot of time with me learning just one step."

"No, no." Nami scoffed. "I mean...remember when you...a-at the end of the d-dance...you...y-you..."

He was the one who looked away this time and his lips were pouting. "I don't know what you're talking about."