Chapter 40: Forefront Exhibition Festival I

A/N: In Japanese, it's 'Ichihanaransai'.

~~~

EVEN ONE PIECE Regal Academy had its fair share of festivals — summer festival, sports festival, cultural festivals — that students from other schools actually look forward to, as well as the students of their own. Celebrating a citywide festival meant the students would either wear their uniforms or not but it depended on their school's regulations.

Stalls were set up in the front of One Piece Regal Academy's grand doors. Three stalls were queued on one side of the pathway and four on the other, and they were all connected by multicoloured banners. But it was just the 'beginning'.

The main thing resided inside the campus, specifically on the sports field. Banners were also set up and more than twenty stalls of different shapes and sizes were scattered all over the field. Even the bleachers were turned into stall spaces that had the capacity of more than one classroom.

But despite it was time for the long awaited Forefront Festival, everyone was tired out from the heat yet they were dressed in such nice fashion.

"It's..."

"...so..."

"...hot!!!!!"

Sitting on the benches laid at the front were three of the boys from the Strawhats. Vinsmoke Sanji, Roronoa Zoro, and Monkey D Luffy spoke in a manner it looked like their minds were synced. Buying cotton candy on one stall was Tony Tony Chopper who wore a white shirt and a pink cherr blossom(?) printed helmet. He still looked like a reindeer...a fluffy reindeer. Leaning against the streetlight was Nami, who sported an orange jumper that reached quarter of her thighs. She also had a green handkerchief(?) that acted as a hairband which defeated it purpose because she still had her bangs on her face. This annoyed Zoro even more.

"Hey witch, why don't you go buy us an ice cream while you're at it?"

Nami batted her lashes. "I don't have money!"

"Selfish little witch,"

On her right thigh was a canister which held her orange striped staff she called 'Sorcery Clima-Tact' and she didn't hesitate to hit the green haired, overall-wearing swordsman who was demanding for ice cream with it.

Nico Robin, who was wearing a light purple dress that reached halfway down her thighs under an off-shoulder jacket of a darker shade, came back from the other stall with a box on her hand. The smell lingered Luffy's senses.

"Takoyaki...?!" he drooled as he jumped up from the bench. For a moment, he forgot about the heat. "Robin, can I have some?"

The black haired girl chuckled and fixed the sunglasses on her head. "Sure you can."

"Thanks!"

With a gulp, Luffy took on the ball which was a tad hot but nothing he could handle. Smoke came out from his nose as he—

"Can I have another one?"

Sanji was the one who jumped out from his seat this time but he was between Robin and Luffy. "Stop bothering Robin-chan. If you want takoyaki then get yourself some."

"But—"

Chopper came back with two sticks of cotton candy that were each as big as his head. "We could go inside, you know."

Again, they were dressed in such mice fashion.

The black overalls that Zoro wore was opened at the front so it revealed the green 'belly band' as he moved around. There were also loops on his right pelvis where each of his katanas hung by, as well as tiny bottles on the sides of the legs. They were 'secret tools that would help him' sooner or later, but Nami and Sanji doubted that. On the swordsman's exposed upper left arm was a black bandana that was always present.