Chapter 52: Silver Bell Ball (Part III)

THE FLOOR UPSTAIRS looked similar to the one just below it; the tiles were decorated the same but instead of dining tables covered in white cloth, there were couches and furniture across the room. A huge carpet was also laid on the middle of the room. By the way, as the lights flickered, they saw no one else in that floor aside from themselves.

In other words, the risk of them being found just increased.

"How do we get out?" Ace scratched his head.

"If we make it to the balcony or the rooftop, we should be able to get help. Speaking of which..."

Koala added to Sabo's answer, "The electricity got caught off. It's not too dark in here but it's still dangerous to–"

"Hey you! Stop right there!"

The six of them turned to where the voice came from; a few metres away from where stood was a man tall as twice as Ace was. He held a gun, probably a handgun, out to them. The six didn't budge. Instead. The three boys stepped in front of their partners with stances that either looked ready to fight or defend.

In other words, they were ready to protect their women.

"I couldn't believe it when I first heard it but you're actually here..." the man blurted while still holding out the gun. "how's business, 'Cat Burglar'?"

As Nami finally had a worried look on her face, she noticed Luffy clench his right fist tightly. This man with the weapon might be one of her victims when she was robbing people to pay for either reason. Nevertheless, Nami prepared to lift her dress to grab the Clima-Tact that resided on the canister on her right thigh but...

"Nami, do you know who he is?"

"Not personally, no."

Luffy pointed a finger at the man. "I don't know why but you have the vibes of a person that I hate the most."

"What would you do, punch me? When I shoot you kid, you'll be good as dead. Make one move and I will really shoot you. Or rather, her. That damn thief stole everything I had."

"I'm sorry for that," Nami winced and stared at the ground. "it's all over now."

"I don't care! I promised my wife to get revenge on that thief and here she is, standing in front of me in a dress. With her friends."

Luffy was shaking in anger. His two brothers glanced at him as he stepped forward, his fist still clenched as if he was-

"If you think anything will change once you get revenge on her..."

The man gripped the gun tight. "S-Stop! If you move, I will really shoot!"

"Luffy!" Sabo called out to him but he couldn't hear him.

Luffy's voice was filled with rage, it sounded deeper and more whole than it originally was. Every step he took his right fist clenched even tighter, blood would seem to seep out soon. His eyes were shadowed by his ever messy mane that he didn't even bother to fix despite the occasion.

He couldn't bare it. Not the anger, but the words that came from the armed man's mouth. Luffy didn't like it especially when they were directed at his friend. More importantly, at Nami.

The man clicked the gun and prepared to shoot as the other five behind screamed Luffy's name but...

But...

"...then I'll destroy that illusion of yours!"

His other foot stepped forward right after he was right in front of the man as he thrusted his right arm backwards and his knuckle was thrown on the man's chin, knocking him backward before he could even pull the trigger. In other words, he was knocked unconscious by Luffy's right hand.