Chapter 37: A New Day

A/N: Let's keep this chapter short. Just read and infer, yea? Btw, as of time of writing and publishing, I am at school. Have a good read!

~~~

THE DECORATIONS THAT were once present during the homecoming dance couldn't be spotted in any spot at the school anymore. The banners, balloons, and confettis were already hidden in such way that if a visitor came they wouldn't get the slightest idea of the school throwing a dance the other day.

There would be no reason for students to mistake the day for Monday, since if it was, there would still be some decors hanging here and there. But the staff had more than enough time to clean up and turn everything back to normal.

Even so...

"Luffy, it's fricking Tuesday so stop looking at the wromg timetable!" Chopper scolded their raven haired 'captain' who was holding his own phone in one hand.

Luffy had been more airheaded than he usually was this morning. When he arrived at school, he realised he forgot his lunch. Then he went to the wrong classroom. He also had his shirt inside out until Franky pointed it out with a super comment.

Luffy closed one eye and turned to Chopper with a toothy grin. "Sorry, sorry!"

"Don't 'sorry, sorry' me!" the reindeer-looking one exclaimed and was on the verge of smacking Luffy's face.

Usopp, Robin, Brook, and Jinbe simply brought a hand to their foreheads. Whatever must have happened during the weekend that made Luffy more...dumb?

Every single one of them — with the exception of Zoro, Nami, and Sanji — had their lunches in front of them, while they sat on the cold steel benches in the school balcony. Wind blew every now and then, which made Usopp wince every time. On the other hand, Brook and Jinbe exchanged sandwiches because, well, they didn't like what they originally had; tuna spread for Jinbe and vegetable salad-flavoured spread for Brook.

Meanwhile, in the senior lounge that doubled as a meeting room for school clubs and various cliques...

"Like I said, the Forefront Exhibition Festival is a couple weeks from now. Homecoming has come and went so everyone pretty much still hungover from it,"

The blonde haired boy who had his right eye covered by said locks leaned sidewards and said, "I don't really know why we're here."

"Same," replied the green haired one.

"Just shut up and listen to them!" the orange haired girl pinched their arms.

Zoro, Nami, and Sanji were not members of any of the clubs but they were apparently 'chosen' by a certain student at the school to assist with the planning. For what reason, that they didn't know.

And now that student was sitting on the beanbag while being surrounded by the three.

"Any ideas for the upcoming festival?"

Nami blinked and thought for a moment before answering. "Since it's, well, Forefront Exhibition Festival, I'd say put up stalls all over the school. At the front, too."

The aforementioned event was, simply put, a citywide celebration that involved schools competing each other for the title of 'Most Exhibited Forefront'. Whoever gets the title meant they've been the school that was most visited by students from other school. Two years ago, it wasn't One Piece Regal Academy that won but a certain highschool.

A month or two. That's the time the schools have to prepare everything for the festival and make sure they're worthy of the title. As of the moment, the plans were not yet made because majority of the student council members didn't actually care about it.

"Hmm..."

But it didn't answer the question why the three friends of a certain Monkey D Luffy were stuck in the meeting as if they were members of the committee. Though Nami could guess it had something to do with the recent homecoming dance where, after the dance itself, Zoro and Sanji were seen yelling at each other in the front of the school. For Nami's case, however, she had no idea why she was stuck with them.

"Oh, I know!" Sanji widened his eyes as if excited. "why don't we wear mufti on that day?"

"Curly brows is right. Everybody in the school is fed up with wearing the uniforms. Just this once..."

The edge of Nami's lips curved upwards; did she just hear one of the smartest yet overseen idea, or what?