Chapter 14: Battle Royale

A/N: Hmmm...'Battle Royale'. I wonder how many people are in this chapter?

~~~

ATHLETICS DAY WAS over but the students of One Piece Regal Academy were divided into numerous groups with four members each. It was the first ever 'Battle Royale' and nobody had the chance to find out about it. Not even the Warlords themselves or the student council. Almost everyone was, luckily, in their sports uniform when the sudden announcement was made.

The Straw Hats themselves were divided into two groups, with two remnants not participating. Those remnants were Usopp and Chopper, who lost their will to play when they find out that Nami wasn't backing down. She wanted to get the prize. And to do that, she needed to have the strongest individuals they have in their circle, being Jinbe, Sanji, Zoro and of course, Luffy.

"The Tamatebako is mine," she stated with her eyes morphing into Beri signs. But since Jinbe was already working with Robin, Franky and Brook, she had no choice but to keep Sanji.

Nami took out the orange striped baton from her bag, which she called her 'Sorcery Clima-Tact'. It was fixed by Usopp for defensive purposes but it seemed like she was using it to hit the perverts of the circle, and even Zoro and Luffy.

"Nami, you sure you're keeping ero-cook with you?" Zoro blurted out.

Sanji glared at him. "Don't poison her mind, you mosshead! She picked me because she likes me. Don't you, Nami-swann?"

"Shut up and focus!" the orange haired girl said as she fixed the Log Pose on her left wrist. She explained their plan while they walked away from the other group. Hopefully the three of them follow what she had just said, or they would receive a beating. Certainly.

"Huh?" a familiar voice hummed from behind them. "Strawhat-ya...Zoro-ya...Black Leg-ya...and Nami-ya, too?"

It was none other than the 'Surgeon of Death', Trafalgar Law. He had long abandoned his spotted white cap so his jet black hair was seen with no restraints, and girls from different year levels swoon upon sight of him. He had tattoos on the back of his hands that he didn't bother to cover. His blazer? He wore it as a cape over his broad shoulders and kept a few buttons on his shirt undone, slightly revealing his chest with another set of ink but a different pattern.

Also, he had the habit of calling people by whatever nicknames he wanted to, followed by the suffix '-ya'.

"Torao!!" Luffy cheered.

"Leave me alone, Strawhat-ya." Law simply said with a cold expression on his well chiselled face. "Good grief. Are you here to play, too?"

"Uh-huh. Nami wants the box, too."

"Nami-ya?"

The orange haired girl approached 'Torao'. "Hi Torao-kun!! Hope you go easy on us!"

The members of Law's group waved at them. He had Bepo, Penguin and Shachi behind him with contradicting happy faces to that of their scorning captain's.

"Whatever. I wish you all good luck,"

As the four Straw Hats headed forward to the halls, they came across another familiar figure. This one had jaggy red hair and buffy physique, with his uniform not worn properly. He was only wearing the white shirt and nothing more. Beside him was another guy whose face was covered by his thick, blonde hair.

"Jaggy!" Luffy once again cheered.

"Luffy, do you seriously have to greet everyone we pass by?" Zoro remarked.

Eustass 'Captain' Kid grunted. "Don't tell me you're here for the box, too?"

"What if we are?!" Luffy blurted out. "I'm gonna take it by the end!"