Chapter 28: The Day That Wasn't (Part III)

A/N: This is the last part of the multi-part chapter, so I'll keep it short. Sorry!

~~~

IT HADN'T EVEN been one full day in the Land of Wano but Nami felt like it. There was no light anymore; all she could see was the pitch black surroundings. And she couldn't even move her body. She felt as if she was lying down a sturdy surface with her arms and legs tied by something even more sturdier.

Then she recalled what happened. The slight pain on the back of her head gave her the idea that she was hit by one of those goons who were chasing her earlier. Upon trying to perceive around her, Nami figured out that she was being kept inside a wooden crate.

Or a dark room.

"O-Ow..." she huffed...more like, thought.

Her mouth was concealed by something else. At that, she grunted and tried to writhe around, only to hit herself on the wall. Nami once again grunted. As of the moment, her only chance of breaking free was her Clima-Tact, which was missing. She cursed in her mind and gave up struggling; the rope around her arms behind her back seemed to get tighter.

However, even though she was trapped inside this dream, Nami thought about the real deal: the upcoming homecoming dance and her unknown feelings for a certain straw hat wearing boy. She had to ask him out to the dance or, let alone, tell him what she really feels about him. Worst case scenario was to lie about the butterflies in her stomach just to avoid awkwardness but Luffy would not be like that.

What the–

She thought when a bright light suddenly flashed in front of her. It was her ray of hope – no, not her Sorcery Clima-Tact – Luffytaro.

"Luffy!" she cheered, teary-eyed, inspite having her mouth plastered on by a tape or something.

This Luffytaro looked a bit different. His red kimono was down, revealing his muscular upper body complete with the X-shaped scar on the chest, and he was a tad dusty. Slightly glistening in sweat, Luffytaro gently removed the tape on her mouth and smiled at her. Nami blushed profusely.

He then effortlessly ripped off the ropes that held her arms and legs together before he swerved an arm around her and carried her on his front. She could feel his toned torso through her side (since her arm was around his neck, gripping tightly to him) and that didn't help. Luffytaro was literally a spitting image of the real Luffy, inside and out. Of course he would be.

Nami kept her eyes on his face as they headed outside, only taking them off him when she saw they were–

"What the hell are we doing up here?!" she cried and got off him, standing right beside. But Luffytaro still had an arm on her back, his hand landing just above her pelvis.

"Well, they kept you in here. I just came to rescue you so stop complaining!"

"F-Fine but please don't–"

Her sentence immediately changed to a shriek as Luffytaro told her to 'hold on' and stretch his free arm towards the other building. Nami was on the verge of crying when they swung across the capital, catching the attentions of whoever was there as of the moment.

He chuckled. "You're so loud..."

Nami kept on shrieking until they landed on the ground. "I thought I was gonna die..."

But didn't remove the fact that she was red as a tomato, from the adrenaline rush of the swing and clinging into Luffy. Taro.

"Well, you're safe now so run!" he laughed. "I gotta take care of these guys now. Hmm...why do I feel like I won't get to aee you again?"

At that, Nami flinched and inched towards him. "Me too." Once she heads to the other side of the bridge, she would wake up in real life and no more Luffytaro. No more adventure. No more acting as a female ninja.

"Luffy?"

He turned to her. "Yeah?"

"I like you,"

"Really? I like you too!" he then laughed, creating a series of 'shi' sounds. "I thought you were an evil ninja at first for trying to steal my sword but you're actually pretty nice!"

Nami facepalmed. The Luffy in her dream was already dense and clueless. What more could the real one be?

However, she simply gave out a sigh and inched her face towards his while slightly pulling his towards hers then her soft lips landed on his right cheek. After that, he noticed that she was very red.

"What...?"

Who knew dumb lasses also get speechless when suddenly kissed?

"Well, this is farewell, Luffytaro. I wish you all the best!"

He blinked a few times before replying, "Yeah!" and he watched Onami run towards the bridge. Without her staff. At that, Luffytaro sandwiched his face with his hands.

"Crap! Zorojuro's gonna kill me!"