Chapter 3: Detention

STILL HAVING NO idea why Nami became suddenly flustered the day before, Luffy decided to ask Sanji for advice. They didn't have the same timetable for the day but since they had maths, their entire circle was with them.

By 'asking', in Luffy's terms, it meant annoying the hell out of the person he was talking to.

"Tell me Sanji...tell me!"

"Shut up!" the blonde growled. "We're in the middle of class so save it for later."

Who, better than Sanji, knew all about girls and love and everything in between? Him and Brook were the gentlemen of the circle. Luffy knew that, but Brook was currently asleep on the side so annoying him would be pointless. He needed answers. Bad.

Luffy slammed his forehead on the desk as he heard Sanji's reply, not minding if the action had made a noise loud enough for everyone to hear or not. Turns out it was the former.

"Monkey D Luffy, " the teacher, Mr Edward Newgate, cleared his throat. "I hope the lesson isn't too boring for you."

Luffy faced up, towards Newgate's anchor-shaped mustache. He was a former Emperor, which meant he once led the Whitebeard house. Unfortunately, during those two years, he got into an issue that caused the very house to dismantle. The members of the Whitebeard house got distributed to the other houses, amd that included students whom Luffy was very familiar with.

Newgate raised an eyebrow, "Son?"

Ol' Whitebeard treated his house as one big family, calling them sons and daughters. Turns out the habit of calling every student in the school his child was not limited to them.

Luffy blinked. "I'm good."

"Or is it Mr Vinsmoke here I need to punish?"

Sanji gulped; he had always been trying his best not to get into trouble. Luffy pointed his index finger towards his blonde friend. "He's talking to me just now."

"I told you to shut up!" Sanji turned to him.

"I see...talking during class, eh?" Newgate hummed. "Half of lunch in detention, Mr Monkey D Luffy and Vinsmoke Sanji." the bell just rang, "Come on, sons."

Behind them, a comically sweatdropping Nami was watching the entire act as she was fixing her stuff. Robin was giggling at the action of her friend while Zoro woke up Brook on the side of the room. Yes, Roronoa Zoro was the one woke up the skeleton man.

The other students inside the room exited. The only ones who remained were Luffy and Sanji's circle, who were currently seeping their teeth to whatever was going on. Not that it was a big deal.

"Luffy! You're staying in for lunch, right?" Zoro grinned. "Can I have your lunch order?"

Luffy pouted, "No!! That's mine!!!"

"Huh, what's that? I can't hear you,"

Nami chuckled, "Really, Luffy? Can we have it?"

Somehow he felt like agreeing to Nami. Was it the fear of getting beaten up once more, or the fact that she's the one asking? Luffy didn't know but he opened his mouth to reply when –

"Nami-swaannn! You can have my lunch if you want!!! You too, Robin-chwaaannnnnnn!!!!!!"

Zoro clicked his tongue, "You're too loud, Curly Brows. Good thing you're getting detention."

"What was that, Mosshead?!"

Newgate cleared his throat. "Roronoa Zoro, you're staying in too."

Mosshead's tightly shut left eye almost opened upon hearing what the teacher said. "Huh?! Why?!"