Chapter 55: It's A Date

NAMI WORE A cute outfit consisting of a frilled halterneck and a pleated, frilled skirt with round studs around the waistline that had a small decorative bow in front. She wore her hair beautiful orange hair back in a ponytail with a scrunchie, while also keeping her usual pearl earrings and the more preferred high-heeled sandals.

The day had come. The day of her date with Luffy had finally come, and she would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous.

Just this morning she tripped herself five times from getting out of bed, to stepping into the shower. She was lucky she didn't hit her head or something, because the date would be postponed if she ever injured herself beforehand.

All told, Nami put her phone, wallet, and other stuff inside the shoulder bag that hung diagonally across her body before going out.

"Have fun!" was all she heard from Nojiko before she closed the door.

It was a fair day; not cloudy, not windy, just right. If there was an approaching rainfall, she would know and have brought a jacket with her, but she didn't.

Nami could feel her hands getting cold. Not from the weather, but from nervousness. She and Luffy might be dating for a while now but that didn't mean she was already used to it. There were still stuff she had to adapt to, such as Luffy's habit of voluntarily brushing her hair which she found soothing.

Then, just around the corner, a strawhat-wearing boy was running towards her. This one had a black shirt with sunflower prints on it, a yellow sash around his waist and the upper part of his fluffy-ended shorts, paired with simple 'sandals'. To top it all off, he wore a charming smile that definitely melted Nami's heart for the nth time since their first meeting.

It was Monkey D Luffy, Nami's boyfriend, and he was apologising for being late.

"It's okay, Luffy. Besides, you'e not that late."

He looked at her and blinked a couple times, failing not to adore the way she looked albeit not implicitly said inside his head. He liked the clothes Nami wore and most especially her hair; it was his first time seeing her, since homecoming, in a different hairstyle other than the usual cowlick and ponytail. Either that or he recently happened to notice her because...

Luffy flashed a toothy grin. "You look great!"

"T-Thank you," she blushed. "you look great yourself, too."

Then after that, awkward silence.

Until Luffy mindlessly grabbed Nami's left hand where the golden bangle and the Log Pose rested. His smiled widened even more. "Let's go...?"

"Y-Yeah..."

When he asked her where she wanted to go, she pointed out that anywhere's fine with her. But that didn't help Luffy's struggle, not one bit. He spent the couple days before their date figuring out where to go; without the help of his brothers who would definitely tease him for being so clueless.

The bus they took went from their district to the next district, meaning they were at least 5 two kilometres away from their usual area. Nonetheless, they overlooked an amusement park next to a mall.

Luffy gulped.

Nami fidgeted with her Log Pose as they walked towards the middle of the two. "S-So, where are we going?"

"Where would you like? I mean, I was the one who asked you out, aren't I?"

"Like I said," she breathed deep to calm herself and gently ran her fingers through Luffy's hair. He loved it. "anywhere's fine with me as long as you're with me."