Chapter 33: Blood Moon Waltz

THE BIG DAY had finally come.

The exteriors of One Piece Regal Academy were decorated with vibrant banners and ribbons but not too much to the point that it was overwhelming. It was just right; there was equal amount of decors on one side to the other.

Even the insides were the same. If an outsider went and visit the school, they wouldn't think that there's just a simple homecoming dance; the interiors looked like it was holding an exclusive VIP-only party.

And even so, the guests inside the dome gymnasium slash auditorium looked otherwise.

Girls from all year levels were dressed in extravagant ball gowns, almost matching – no, matching – their respective partners. Officially called as 'dates', these partners each have a flower by their left breast pocket.

Even a certain raven haired boy.

He had abandoned his straw hat since he was not seen with it. Said object was not on his head nor around his neck, so one could deduce that he left it at home to make his outfit more fitting to the dance's theme. Even if the real reason was his brothers forcefully asking him to leave the hat out. But yes, those two elder brothers also went to the dance without their signature hats.

"Luffy, that's your date isn't it?" called out the freckled boy named Ace who had his own partner by his arm; he had an arm around Isuka's shoulders, making her frozen in place with a bright red tint in her face. And it wasn't just the make up.

Luffy turned to look at the entrance. "Oh you're right,"

A graceful-looking woman dressed in a black and blue gown, that covered her back but revealed a fair bit of her front, stood by the entrance of the area. She had very little make up that one would think she didn't have any at the first place.

"Hancock!" Luffy called, walking to her direction.

To pair with his date, Luffy was also wearing a suit with matching colours as Hancock's gown. He had a blue rose on his left breast pocket which was given to him randomly upon entering the school.

She turned to him, her blush deepening. "L-Luffy!"

~~~

"Oi, Nami."

RORONOA ZORO WORE a simple greenish black tuxedo with white insides. A turquoise-coloured brooch was pinned on the collar of his suit with a small chain that connected it to the inner side of said garment. A lavender sat by his ledt breast pocket, just like how every other guy in the dance had but with a different type of flower.

And he was asking his date reluctantly.

His date was sitting quietly on their table, seemed to be staring out the distance. At times like this, he would not think about coming near her unless he wanted to get screamed at, but the circumstances were different.

She was the one who asked him out to the dance in the first place.

"Don't tell me you're just gonna sulk there all night," he said as he sat next to her.

Nami was wearing the gown that she bought a few days ago already, so it was long washed before it was worn (unlike others'). Her hair was kept in a high bun, but with hair still flowing freely on her back.

In other words, they didn't look like they were each other's dates.

"Did you cry yourself to sleep last night?"