Chapter 51: Silver Bell Ball (Part II)

'SILVER BELL BALL' was the name given to the exclusive party that gathered the most powerful personas in the area. Said party took place in a certain building that anyone would recognise as high class; a private pool stood beside it and adjacent to it was a whole block of 5-star hotels. Further up the road would lead to the airport where, just around the corner, stood one of the – if not the – most luxurious and prestigious casinos in the world.

But that would be another story for another chapter. Right now, eyes were on a certain group of youngsters who have attended the party, representing the one and only Monkey D Dragon.

There was a blonde haired bloke wearing a top hat and a black and blue tuxedo with a frill holding the hand of a backless dress-wearing strawberry blonde girl whose eyes resembled the shape of a button.

Behind them was a pair of snobby-looking youth; a boy whose hair was split in the middle, wearing an orange and blue suit, had the arm of the vermilion haired girl, in the showy comfortable-looking gown, hooked on him.

Lastly, a raven haired boy in a red and black motif of the suit walked beside a certain orange haired girl in the dress that queens would be likely to wear.

They were the six representatives of Monkey D Dragon — Sabo, Koala, Portgas D Ace, Isuka, Monkey D Luffy and Nami — and they were all wearing a classy set of clothes that youngsters like them would find uncomfortable in.

But then again, they were teenagers though that was no reason for them to be discriminated against.

"Tch." Sabo clicked his tongue as they sat down a round table. "It doesn't look good."

Koala seconded, "True. I can see notorious gamblers scattered around the area. I hope this isn't an undercover job for Dragon-san."

"G-Gamblers...?" Nami's brown eyes sparkled.

"Yep. Gatherings like this usually have high risk gamblers together, especially when we're a few kilometres away from their nest."

Isuka had a hint of recognition on his face. "Oh, you mean Gran Tesoro?"

"The one and only," Koala and Sabo said in unison.

On a side note, Gran Tesoro was owned by another powerful persona who could, as the rumours say, literally control gold.

It did not matter as of the moment, though, for they found themselves watching a short presentation from one of the other guests who were present. This presentor performed a song which was followed by a speech from the host.

Nevertheless, Luffy paid little to no attention. He sat beside Nami around their table and, feeling bored, he rested his head on his elbow. "I wanna eat already..."

"Sush, Luffy." his partner retorted as she glanced at him. "You ate before we got here. Howcome you're hungry?"

"I can smell the steak from over there," he said enthusiastically. "you think we'll be eating any time soon?"

"Before you could even say 'schnitzel',"

Meanwhile, Koala looked around as if she was looking for something, which she was. She saw familiar faces inside the venue and she relayed this info to Sabo. Upon finishing speaking, she took a sip from the glass of water set on their table on her right hand side.

"I have a bad feeling about this," Sabo said.

"This is a party, Sabo, so calm down. You just don't like going to formal parties that's why you feel that way."

Ace was the one who spoke this time. He was sitting between Sabo and Isuka. "That guy looks super suspicious."

"What?"

"Nothing. He has a leather jacket on and he looks like a gunman. Knock on wood,"

Isuka huffed. "Ace,"

"Sorry. Well then, I think it's time to eat." the freckled boy turned to Luffy. "Luffy, you getting lunch or what?"

"Yep! Wait for me, Ace."

Nami closed one eye. "Try not to eat everything on the counter. Oh what the heck. I'm gonna come with you guys."

"We'll eat later," Koala smiled. "how about you, Isuka?"

"Maybe later, as well. I'm still stuffed from what we had earlier."

With that, the three left the table and headed to the area where platters of food were being displayed. There were more than three types of meat dishes there, and also vegetable dishes were served. Dumplings, kievs, white rice, barbecues, meatballs. Luffy felt like he was in heaven when he set eyes on the variety of meat on the counters.

But before he could even dash off to grab his own plate, Nami held him tightly by the arm. He looked at her and noticed she was blushing. Or was it just her make up? Luffy wouldn't know for sure.

"Hold on, I'm getting your food."

"What? Why?"

"Because you hog food."

"What about Ace? He's literally getting his own food right now!"

Nami narrowed her eyes to slits. "Well he's not as gluttunous as you are."

"Nami!"

Then suddenly, a loud noise was heard followed by a cloud of smoke covering the entire area. This made Nami drop down to the ground, covering her head, while Luffy tried to get her and Ace. Meanwhile, Ace was also on the ground; he actually bumped into Nami while doing so.

"What's going on?!"

Back at their table, Sabo, Koala, and Isuka also dropped to the ground but they stayed close to one another. "This is why I hate formal parties!"

Koala ignored his retort. "We're in the second highest floor. If we make it to the balcony, we can safely ask for help."

"Is there a rooftop?" Isuka asked. "If we call emergency services, they can come pick us

"No, we can't. Not when they're on their way here." Sabo pointed to the door where five men were heading into the smoke-imbued area. "Right now we have to meet up with the three and escape together."

"They were getting food, right?"

"Sabo!" Ace's voice was heard by the staircase and so the three remnants headed there. Luffy was behind him, holding Nami close.

Nami whimpered. "W-What's going on?"

"Seems like the party is under attack. A terrorist attack. We have to get out of here as soon as we can."

"A terrorist attack? What terrorist would use smokescreen?" Isuka barked, annoued more than she was scared.

"But..." Luffy blinked.

"I know. Sorry, Luffy. But our safety comes first,"

"It's okay." he chuckled then turned to Nami. "As long as she's safe I'm okay with it."

Nami blushed and averted her gaze.

With that, they agreed to head upstairs and go ask for help, along with the other guests who managed to scurry through the commotion and smoke.