Chapter 45: What Plan?

NOJIKO LISTENED IN to the many, many words that came from Nami's mouth. She truly felt that pain her sister was carrying. At the same time, her own hypothesis that Nami really loved Luffy was furthermore backed up by those painful words.

It seemed to her that Nami was only holding back her feelings because, well, she knew someone else liked Luffy, and it was not like her to take things to herself other than money.

But even so...

Even so...

Nami sniffed and wiped away the tears on her face using her hands. She forced herself to stop crying because as far as she remembered, she promised she wouldn't cry again. That time was when she was under the wing of that gang; also the time she didn't think she'd be able to escape. The tears she shed during those times were all worth it. The blood and sweat were the ones that made her that strong. Nojiko knew that.

So how was this time any different? Nami sacrificed her own happiness to bring her beloved's a whole ton. It might not be fair at first glance but, if he were on her shoes, Luffy would do the same. Besides, he was the type to put his friends over others, Nojiko thought.

"I've decided..." Nami sniffed one last time. "tomorrow, I will tell him how I feel."

Nojiko couldn't stop her. Nami had to get the weight off her chest, one way or another, so that's why the elder sister didn't dare to speak another word.

She would do it.

No matter the consequences.

No matter the pain.

Just to set herself free of this stupid love she had for him and let them live in happiness.

==========

THE TIME FINALLY arrived.

Rain poured down the early morning with no winds, making the steps on the stairs of One Piece Regal Academy wet but not slippery. This was thanks to the rubbery-looking surface on each step, that provided non-slip platform for shoes to step on. Up ahead, the great doors of the school were opened and the lights were turned on even in the lobby that was barely lit during normal sunny days.

Because of the weather, Nami decided to wear a green sweater over her uniform. Her hair was also down behind her back, but not without her bangs and a few strands straying on her face, as she held her bag firmly. Her eyes looked tired.

She had two choices when to talk to Luffy. Either at recess or lunch, somewhere private without any prying eyes and ears. Also, she must not let any member of the Kuja Clique to see her with Luffy because, well, he was now an official property of the 'Pirate Empress' herself. Unless she would want her head to be cut off, Nami must stay away from Luffy at all costs.

But this time was an exeption. If she was to stay away from him for good, she would need to talk to him. Alone.

Out of the corner of her eye, she caught a glimpse of two figures standing by the cafeteria. Yes. They were none other than Boa Hancock, who was laughing gracefully, and Monkey D Luffy, who was apparently telling a story. Nami felt her chest tighten.

Great. Can this day get any more worse?

At that moment she winced and looked away as she walked past the cafeteria, pondering on her thoughts. As long as she would tell him how she really feels about him today, everything must be fine. She really needed to get this thing off her chest or she would suffer through the days. Nami wouldn't want that, neither would Nojiko.