Chapter 35: Such Misfortune

IT WAS A long weekend.

And even if there was no school, the after-school hangout called Loguetown was still up and functioning, like a normal shopping centre for everyone. It's not just students who were present at the area; since it was a day off, there were also adults there either window shopping or compulsively buying the sales in the department store.

A newly refurbished arcade stood loudly in one part of Loguetown. At school days, it was closed so the students wouldn't get distracted by the games and noises it would make in a normal day. But even so, the amount of people (mostly students from a certain school) poured to the place just enough.

On another part of the town was Sanji and Zeff's restaurant called 'Baratie'. It was located on the further part from the schools, so outsiders could visit them without worrying about the school bell. As of the moment, Baratie was full of families and couples having fine dining or casual cuisine.

And yet...

"Seconds, please!"

A certain girl with wavy pink hair raised her bowl of gyudon as she was sitting on the table. Yes, she was sitting on the table surrounded by plates and plates of food, much to another customer's annoyance. This other customer wore an all black clothing which made him look like a gang member.

The girl then took a large bite out of the pizza Margherita from her left hand while the other customer spat out, "What an indecent woman."

It was Capone Bege who spoke, a student from her year level at One Piece Regal Academy. Also, he was a member of the so-called Worst Generation and one of the eleven Supernovas.

A blonde sous chef, in a suit with an apron, came from the kitchen. He walked quickly yet carefully to the table of the girl who had asked for seconds.

"Here it is~" he blurted out as his eyes morphed into hearts.

The girl didn't give a 'thank you' or anything; she simply snatched the tray off his hand and resumed eating. Everyone in a five metre radius could hear the munching of her food.

"Jewelry Bonney, can you keep it down?" Bege stated.

The girl continued eating. "What was that?"

As the sous chef of Baratie, Sanji made sure the customers wouldn't get in an argument with one another over any matter, but the case was different.

"Leave her alone," he told Capone Bege as he pursed his lips.

"Oi Sanji! That's our customer, you dumbass! Stop picking a fight with the customer!"

Sanji received a smack on the back of his head from the head chef of Baratie, Zeff, who was also his father. It's a long story, but Sanji had always been seeing him as his father no matter what other people said.

It was definitely a long weekend since the entire area of Loguetown was full of students, it didn't look like it was a normal holiday. Boutiques and cafés were filled with people from all ages, especially that one clothing store that sold fashion pieces for less. Inside was a certain orange haired girl who was currently on the phone, talking to her sister.

"Seriously, Nojiko, you want me to pick out a shirt for you?" she put a hand on her hip as she spoke, all while checking out the shirts in the rack. "I don't even know what you like..."