Chapter 30: The Flying Six

A/N: Contains major manga spoilers. Do not read if you don't want to get spoiled. You have been warned.

~~~

ORIGINALLY, ONE PIECE Regal Academy had five different houses – all might by their own standing – that balanced out the 'distribution of good and bad students in the school'. More often than not, said students in different houses get into arguments with one another from the other house/s, with the most disturbing one taking place two years ago.

After Luffy and friends were separated into different schools.

There was the matter involving Portgas D Ace, who was one of the 'commanders' of the Whitebeard house led by Edward Newgate, which also involved a certain Marshall D Teach.

And that Marshall D Teach was now the new head of the newly formed Blackbeard house.

After the events of said 'argument', the Whitebeard house was dismantled because the legend Whitebeard himself stepped down from his position. As such, the students of the house were distributed to the four remaining houses.

Anyway.

The Hundred Beast house, of Kaido's, was terrifying on its own. No, Kaido's very existence was terrifying on its own. Not only because he was the head of said house, but he was also one of the very few individuals that no one would dare mess around with.

Unlike the other houses, Kaido's house had an 'hierarchy' of who's on top. Of course, that would be him. But highest position in the Hundred Beast house were the 'All Stars' followed by the mighty 'Tobiroppo', which consisted of six students of the same house whom Kaido had his attention caught by. Those included in the rankings were the ones who gathered the most merit points that, of course, helped the house sail proud.

And right now, those six students were sitting inside the student lounge.

One of them, the one with flowers on her bright blond hair, licked her lips as she leaned her head on her chin. "What's he got for us?"

"Probably about his son yet again," the one with the white mask replied.

The other one with a pink mask replied, her large eyes enlarging much more. "For Pete's sake! Why are we doing this kind of job, anyway?!"

The other five glanced at her, especially the blond girl. She formed her mouth into an 'O', though slightly grinning.

Sasaki.

Who's Who.

Page One.

Ulti.

Black Maria.

X Drake.

They were the six figures in the Hundred Beast house that Kaido trusted more than anyone, aside from the three All Stars, and he wouldn't hesitate to give them tasks every now and then. As long as he didn't get to go biased on the school records there should be no issue about it. And since they were all excellent students, complete with a decorated merit page on their diaries, no other staff objected it.

The girl with the pink mask, Ulti, blared out once again but this time, Page One tried to calm her down. It wouldn't be good to disturb the other students who were also in the same room as they were.

However, Drake remained silent. He would rather not speak up or risk himself getting–

"I'd say we just obey," Who's Who replied and huffed. His upper half of face was covered by a helmet.

Black Maria let out a giggle.

Meetings were always like this; Ulti getting angry all of a sudden, Page One calming her down, Drake remaining silent, Who's Who and Sasaki weighing the two sides, and Black Maria watching the whole thing go down with a flirty smile on her face. There was no one to blame, though.

Ulti never got her answer. Instead, they waited for a few minutes for a new instruction but it never arrived. Drake stood from his seat.

"Where are you going?" Sasaki looked up to him, the blazer he was wearing over his shoilders draping down his chest.

Drake replied calmly, "The bell went off. It's time for our next class. We've skipped a class for nothing."

"Oh? Our worst member planning to study? That's new?" Black Maria scoffed. It wasn't anything offending, since Drake was also part of the 'Worst Generation'.

Drake was soon gone, with the five others also planning to do the same. Especially Ulti. She was itching to go back to class or, maybe she could skip it again. She had done it a couple times already, along with the other five but she doubted that she wouldn't get in trouble this time. Because the homecoming dance was coming up fadt, school regulations were strictly being followed.

The future was so near, yet it seemed so distant.

"Ulti-chan!" Black Maria huddled along by her side. She had her locks in a geisha-styled hairdo, her blue eyes sparkling in the glint of the faint sunshine. Also, she was a few feet taller than Ulti and the rest of the Tobiroppo, making her the largest member of the group.

Behind them was the silently walking Page One. His purple hair covered hus right eye, with a two-coloured headwear and a mask. He was not speaking at all; he would rather remain silent for hours than speak his mind when Ulti was pissed off. Something that Black Maria would certainly not do.

The tall girl fixed her extra short skirt as they walked along the halls of the school. There were no students out aside from them, except for a few who were going to the toilets. They were in the second floor; where's Drake next class would be.

"Are you going to dance, Ulti-chan?" Black Maria asked.

"Of course I am," the blue and pink haired girl replied almost immediately. "Kaido told us to, didn't he? Besides, I don't wanna be stuck at home doing nothing."

"Sweet,"

Page One was still walking behind them. Ulti muttered, "On the side note..." she turned to him comically. "why the hell are you walking so sluggish?!"

"What, you want me to run or something?!" he retorted at the same level of voice as her.

"Did I say anything about running? I just said to hurry up!"

"Leave me alone!"

"Snail!"

The two bantered on while Black Maria comically sweatdropped. The two members of the Tobiroppo's voices rang across the halls of the second floor, it would be a miracle if no teacher had heard it.

And, as if on cue, a door adjacent to where they currently were suddenly opened. It revealed a fairly big woman dressed in a pink backless dress. She was about twice Black Maria's height and triple her weight.

It was the former beautifications officer head, Charlotte Linlin.

A lot of changes surely happened, huh?