Chapter 39: Preparations

A FEW WEEKS(?) had passed since the homecoming dance. Posters were put up all over the campus, saying something about another event called 'Forefront Exhibition Festival' which, as one would read on the posters, was a citywide cultural festival.

Flyers were also given to outsiders, welcoming them to the literal grand scheme of One Piece Regal Academy that would be on the day of the 'Forefront Exhibition Festival' itself.

As such, stalls were already erected around the campus. Most of them were placed in the field where there was space for at least fifty different stalls. If used efficiently, the field could even hold a spacious tent in the middle while bigger-than-usual stalls stand on the perimeter of the grass-imbued field.

"Carrot! Stop eating the free samples!"

Cupcakes were also prepared on one of the stalls. They belonged to the other clique called 'Mink Clique' which was led by the mighty Pedro, but a girl called Wanda seemed to tske control of everything. This Pedro had wavy blonde hair which covered his left eye and he wore his complete school uniform but kept the first two buttons at the top undone. He was muscular, just like almost any other man in the school.

This Carrot however, had albino-like skin and short hair of the same hue. Her ears were covered by those locks and she was rather short compared to the chestnut blonde haired senior standing beside her.

"You heard him,"

"But, Wandaaa. Just one!"

Pedro was the one who answered. "You have eaten three already! Now help with the stand or go gather supplies from the staff room,"

Carrot straightened her back as she removed the hood — with a bunny ear on either side of the head — of her jacket. "Fine..."

On the other end of the field was another queue of stalls that was being fixed by a certain green haired senior who was simultaneously arguing with a blonde one. Apparently, they were having a debate on which stall would their 'boss' visit, his or—

"Like I said, I'm gonna fill my stall with lots of meat! You don't wanna do that, do you? Because it will destroy your pride as a gentleman!"

"How does decorating the stall with meat degrade a man's pride?! I shall put not just meat in mine, but also desserts and—"

A pink haired girl with an orange jacket approached them. "Uhmm...can you keep it down, please?" she calmly asked and the two nodded.

They were Bartolomeo and Cavendish. They were enemies up until Luffy took down Bellamy for the second time because he inadvertently helped them in setting themselves free from the hyena's grasps. As such, they stated an oath and offered a promise to be with their aider's side.

And yet...

"Oh, look!! They're preparing their stalls, too!" the subject of their argument was walking towards them, along with another raven haired boy who was wearing a spotted cap.

It was Monkey D Luffy, dragging and probably annoying the one and only Trafalgar Law.

Cavendish caught the sight and he immediately shifted his mood. "Law!!"

"Leave me alone. I didn't do anything to you,"

He in particular might have did nothing to anger the 'Pirate Prince' but the Worst Generation as a whole? Undoubtedly yes. In fact, Cavendish also hated Luffy at first but after that incident, he decided to leave him alome...but the same couldn't guarantee for Law.

Luffy had an arm around Law's shoulder which made the latter crouch down a bit because, well, Luffy's shorter than him.

"Strawhat-ya..." a voice deep almost as a growl came out from Law's throat while he removed himself from the other boy's reach.

Winks of yellow sunshine glinted off the metallic surface from Bartholomeo's stall. Or, more specifically, from the barrier-looking things that served as decorations for his stall. Nevertheless, Luffy found both stalls—

"Your stalls look great! I will visit you guys I promise,"

Bartolomeo almost fainted at that, "Just you looking at our stalls is more than enough!!!"

"Get off of me," Law mumbled loudly and tried to remove Luffy's arm. When he succeeded, he fixed his uniform and his hat. "I gotta help Bepo and the others set up their stalls, you know."

"They will?"

"Of course,"

"..."

"What's with the look?" Law asked with a frown. "Are none of your friends setting up theirs for the festival?"

"Nope, not as I can remember."

"Then good luck with that,"

But Luffy hummed. "Oh, I think Jinbe is setting up one. With his friends. Torao! Give Jinbe's stall a visit, yea?"

Law turned away. "Yeah, I heard you."

The strawhat-wearing boy cheered.