Chapter 26: The Day That Wasn't (Part I)

A/N: Here we go with the first multi-part chapter of this story! Cheers!

~~~

WHILE ROBIN TOOK the time to look for relaxing tips on the internet, Nami was busy looking at the stones they have bought from the mall. They were in different colours and textures, and their sizes also differ from one another. One wouldn't guess that the purpose of each stone was to bring good dreams to the user.

Nami hadn't been getting any sleep, lately. First, she still had no one to go to the dance with, and second, she was figuring out a way to ask out Luffy because she knew Luffy wouldn't ask her out. Dark circles recently appeared around her eyes as days inch closer to the big day...

"Robin, are you done?" Nami said with an exhausted sigh. "It's a bit late now, don't you think?"

Sleepover. Nico Robin had come to their house for a sleepover; but really, to help Nami with her broken body clock. While she's at it, she decided to try out the latest trend that had been swarming their school lately.

"Sea Prism Stones,"

It was the latest trend.

"I don't get it..." Nami huffed and tossed the box midair. "how can these help me sleep?"

"It's science, Nami, you should know that." Robin swiftly replied. She was done researching. "Each stone has a different scent that tickles the olfactory senses, and hence that tricks the brain into 'dreaming'. Like synaesthesia."

"So my dreams will have themes, now?"

"Depends on the stone you got," she once more explained. "if you got the blank ones, the theme of your dream will get transferred to that stone...but with the accompaniment of the right equipment, of course."

Nami grunted. Oh, so it was the stones that made the boys back then to dream about her and Hancock in a such inappropriate manner. Nonetheless, she took the pink and blue one. It felt like she was holding a pebble, that was light as a pumice.

"Well, here goes. Are you going to try one?"

"I'm not the one having trouble sleeping,"

Nami pouted before lying down om her bed, placing the stone on her forehead. "Harsh. Well, charm you later!"

Robin was right; it indeed helped in sleeping at night! Nami never felt so good as she slept. She thought she was still awake but she wasn't; she was currently lying on her back, eyes shut tight, trying to get the best out of the stones they've purchased earlier.

She didn't get the chance to think since as she closed her eyes, she felt like falling down a rabbit hole. Swirls of different colours, with a particular scent to match, circled around her like she was a person dancing on a bonfire. It didn't take a while before she reached her dream.

"What...a kimono...?" she looked down on her body and saw a blue coloured kunoichi outfit around her slender self. Her legs looked longer than usual and her bust was...well, bigger than usual. At that, Nami was flustered. At least she still got the tattoo on her left shoulder and the accessories on her wrist.

Soon, the town started to materialise itself. The ground was light coloured, with cherry blossom petals scattered all around. Houses were also on either side of the road, complete with people doing their own thing; be it carpentry, oil selling or cooking soba.

Wait, what?

Out of the corner of her eye, Nami spotted a tall blonde young man behind a cart. He was selling soba and got a very familiar face. She called onto him. "Sanji!"

That 'Sanji' turned to her direction and his eyes morphed into hearts. "Mellorine!! A kunoichi is coming this way!!!!! Wait, a kunoichi?!"

Nami noticed that Sanji stopped acting weird and went in front of his cart, with arms extended to both sides as if protecting it from...her?

"Stop right there!" the lovely tone in his voice was gone, causing Nami to stop and furrow her eyebrows.

"Sanji...?"

"I didn't do anything, okay? You kunoichis might as well leave the townsfolk alone when doing your business,"

"Business?" as she dropped her her left arm back to her side, she felt something inside her hand. When she looked, it was her striped Sorcery Clima-Tact. "What..."

"Onami!" someone from the roofs called out her 'name'. She turned to it, "Onami...?"

"Let's go! The samurais are here!"

"Samurai?" Nami exclaimed. An image of Zoro holding a bottle of booze came to her mind. "Y-Yeah, sure."

She gripped her baton tight and it extended to both sides, then she instinctively stroke the air in front of her as smoke appeared from one end of the staff. With that, Nami reunited with the woman on the roof. Sanji was left, confused but not surprised. All kunoichis and ninjas could disappear in a snap of the fingers. In her case, though, smokescreen.

"Uhmm...what exactly are we doing again?" Nami blurted out as the glided across the skies then landing on a not-so-secret location.

The woman earlier, who had a grey bodysuit and pigtails, huffed and showed her a piece of paper. "The samurais, remember? Did you hit your head or something?"

Nami blinked. Samurais? Kunoichis? Now that she thought about it, she noticed that she wasn't in just any dream. Was she?

"Hey, this is just a dream, right?"

The other woman tilted her head. "Dream? Are you okay, Onami?"

"My name is Nami!" she replied.

"That's what I said,"

Nami facepalmed. "I didn't catch your name, by the way."

The woman breathed, simply ignoring the fact that Onami here was being weird. "Shinobu. My name's Shinobu."

"Shinobu, eh..." Nami bit her lip. "What's the mission all about, again?"

"Like I said, there this certain samurai who stole something from us."

"'Us'...?"

"The Kunoichis of Wano Kuni are tasked to keep an eye on the cursed blade,"

"Cursed blade?"

Shinobu explained the Enma, which was supposed to be hidden amongst the people of Wano. Nami let out an exhausted sigh. "So we just have to catch that samurai?"

"Yes, and it should be easy since he wears a kimomo that stands out from the rest."