Chapter 8: Pirate Empress

"Nami, please!!!"

"No,"

"Nami~"

IT WAS YET another day at school, which meant another day of the usual arguments between Luffy and Nami. If the last remarkable time they quarrelled about was the thing about skirts and ladies, the matter they were raising voices on was rather about useless matter.

That didn't surprise their friends, though, especially Zoro. Yes he may have been arguing with Sanji every now and then but they never looked like an old married couple. At least, through Chopper's eyes.

Nami swerved the chicken pop inside her mouth and chewed, turning to Luffy who had a visible frowning face. He looked like a child who lost his lolly. The girl chuckled just before drinking on her can of iced tea and said, "You should learn when to stop, Luffy."

Luffy sniffed. "Oh, what's that? I can still smell some on you." he inched towards her and almost toppled over her. "Give me that!!"

"I-I don't have any!" Nami scolded. "Get off me!!!"

Robin chuckled at the sight; the two truly looked like a couple in love. In fact, Robin had found Nami's actions a bit unusual lately, mostly when Luffy's around and/or involved. The archaeologist made sure to take note of any sudden changes in Nami's actions just to have something against her if ever she denies it. And she's pretty sure she would.

"Hahaha you two look SUPER," Franky blurted out, which caused Nami to straighten her back and push Luffy down to his seat.

Brook laughed, "Enough to make my heart full. Oh wait, skeletons don't have hearts."

"Stop it you guys," Nami pouted and Luffy glanced at her with a smile. She groaned and faced him, "The hell are you looking at?!"

Luffy innocently said, "You look nice today."

That said, Nami felt her cheeks warm up. The others, especially Robin, noticed that Nami's face was red as a tomato. But she had to keep her feelings to herself and so she opened her mouth, "Just today...?"

"No no no! You always look nice, Nami!!"

Her heart was set aflutter. Luffy had no idea how fast her heart was beating nor how hot she was feeling. She may be used to getting that compliment all the time but hearing it from Luffy, who never cared about women, made her feel appreciated. But then again, Luffy was simply speaking his mind.

Nami gave him a smack on the back of the head, "You don't say things like that to girls directly."

"Somebody's getting a bit shy," Usopp remarked.

At the cafeteria's entrance appeared dozens of female students, which were already out of the ordinary, and they made way by splitting the two queues in the middle. A bob, blond girl walked in followed by a very gorgeous jet haired one whose locks reached her rear. Judging from the white coat she had around her shoulders, one could simply tell that she was one of the school's 'Seven Warlords'.

"Mellorine!!!!" Sanji suddenly stood up from his seat. His eyes morphed into hearts and the next thing they knew, he was petrified. Yes, he was petrified by the warlord's deadly glare.

The same woman walked towards their table as Chopper tried waking Sanji up. Zoro simply raised an eyebrow at the presence of a new face that was currently standing by their table.

"How dare you," she held out one arm with a finger pointing at the front. "get comfortable with my future husband!"

Robin's mouth turned into an 'O' while she glanced at Nami. She was sure the woman was talking about the latter because there was no one getting too comfortable with someone other than her. Also, Robin was smart enough to catch on what she was trying to say.

Students around them were whispering stuff, either about the woman or the subject of her interest. Nonetheless, she looked furious but it didn't do anything to mess up her very chiselled face.

"F-Future husband...?" Brook blinked.

Jinbe turned to the woman standing by their table. "Hebihime, nice to see you."

"Jinbe!" she greeted then her eyes fell on Nami.

Nami inhaled. It's her...

Usopp called onto Nami. "Oi, you okay?"

"Nami...?" Chopper added while reaching over the table to tap her. Zoro did the honours but she didn't budge. Luffy turned to Nami, with a visibly worried face.

Luffy's brows were a bit furrowed as he spoke, "Nami, what's wrong?"

"Boa Hancock..." Nami absent-mindedly muttered, gaining a wide eye from the strawhat-wearing bloke.

Hancock flipped her hair and glanced at her once more with dazed eyes. Almost uninterested. She looked elegant with the white coat over her shoulders, which the Warlords have the tendency to wear as a cape for some reason, that reached just before her ankle and the complete set of uniform that smelled like lily. That day, she wore opaques that covered her thighs and she was regretting it.

Just by purely observing her, one would deduce that she's awfully gorgeous; and according to her friends, her beauty wasn't skin deep.

"Luffy, would you care for some meat pie?"

Luffy's head snapped towards Hancock's direction from Nami's. "You have one?"

"Of course I do," she blushed and as she raised a hand up, one of her friends came up to her holding a lunchbox. "Here."

"Thanks Hammock! You're the best!!!"

Nami felt her chest tighten once more as she observed how Luffy was so happy to get the food from Hancock. Even though he didn't get her name right, the woman severely blushed and almost fainted but regained her stance and cleared her throat. They would make a great couple, Nami said at the back of her head and gave a toothy grin to no one in particular. That's when she felt another nudge on her elbow.

But then, as she swallowed her food, her throat got clogged. It resulted in her coughing the hell out the cafeteria and she wanted the ground to open up and swallow her up whole.

"Try not to be too obvious," Zoro whispered to her as he smacked Nami's back to help with her choking antics.

She turned to him with dull eyes before pinching his nose. "You...keep quiet."

"Oh, so I am right?"

Boa Hancock soon backed away from the table right after Luffy finished his second meal and walked towards the exit of the cafeteria, with female students tagging along.

Luffy burped and a silly smile appeared on his face. "I really love her dishes..."

Sanji cleared his throat. "Much better than mine? But anyway it's Hancock-sama who made them so it's probably a whole lot better than–"

They all turned to Nami who had now just dropped her phone on the table, accidentally. She cursed herself for not controlling her emotions. Zoro raised an eyebrow at her as she kept one hand on her skirt, clenching a whole lot and leaving creases.

"Nami-san, is everything–" Sanji tried to ask her what's wrong but he sensed Zoro's glare. No, they didn't get into a fight but instead, he seemed to get what the aspiring swordsman was trying to convey.

Zoro sighed upon finishing his drink. "Luffy, you're one insensitive guy. You know that?"

"Insensitive?"