Chapter 22: Brave New World

"NAMI!!!!!"

Nami turned to look behind them while she was being escorted by some men from Bellamy's troupe. She was wearing her uniform but with the jacket over it though she kept the Log Pose by her left wrist. She had to admit, it hurted. Not her arm, but the reason; why was she wearing the Log Pose in the first place? Right...because Luffy gave it to her and he got drunk for it.

Nami simply flipped her hair while she turned back at the calling raven haired boy by the distance. "I've already decided, Luffy. Don't bother helping me."

But he was not listening.

Bellamy laughed heartily as Nami walked further and further away from Luffy's sight. "See, Strawhat? She doesn't want to be rescued."

"That's because she's our vanguard," Luffy replied firmly. "she doesn't need rescuing."

Nami swallowed upon hearing that. "Stupid...don't pick a fi-"

"NAMI!!!"

There was no one else on the ground but Luffy himself, since he had ordered them not to bother themselves. Nami's rescue mission was up to him and Luffy knew that very well; he didn't follow the plan Jinbe had offered because, well, he was Luffy.

Nami tried to ignore the approaching steps towards them as she continued walking. But she had to admit, she felt like she needed rescuing.

TWO HOURS AGO...

"I hate you!"

BELLAMY JUST CHUCKLED at the 'tantrum' his new member was throwing. Nami threw the books he gathered for her and almost flipped the table, all while cursing him. She was consequently drawing the maps he had asked her to, until he said something and Nami began rampaging.

Nami dropped herself on the chair as she had a hand on her temples. "Shut up. You don't know anything."

"Strawhat isn't going to help you, you know."

"I know that," she firmly replied. But knowing Luffy, would he really not?

Bellamy glanced at the time on his phone. "Oh, it's time. Come on. Before I pull you up your seat and-"

"Shut up,"

The two started heading to the amphitheatre. There was no turning back; once she reached the said room, she would become a permanent member of the troupe and the family. How? They would make her undergo an initiation and afterwards, their boss would come meet her. For good. Nami shivered at the thought of facing another Warlord. Just a while back she was sitting across the ever-graceful Boa Hancock thanks to Marguerite's shenanigans.

She fidgeted with the Log Pose and bracelet around her left wrist. Nojiko...I'm finally freeing you from this hyena! she thought to herself. But then she realised what if Bellamy was actually after her all this time? No matter, as long as her sister's safe. That's all that mattered to her right now.

Speaking of which, that Nojiko was standing by the distance, watching. She had a sad yet worried look on her face and she was also fidgeting with the bracelet she had on her right wrist. It was something like a friendship bracelet the sisters came up with, but mostly just Nojiko, that symbolises their strong and connected bond no matter the distance they have from each other. She gave her one of the bracelets when Nami became Luffy's friend.

Nojiko, say hi to Luffy for me! Nami flashed a smile at her sister before she entered the theatre and, as if she heard the thoughts inside her head, Nojiko nodded.

Nami knew that, after this, she would not be able to talk to her ex-friends ever again for she would be bombarded with work and stuff the group has waiting for her. And for another, she had bid her farewell to them with the voice message she sent.