Chapter 34: After'party'

THE DORMITORIES OF students who attended the recent homecoming dance of a certain high school were now occupied by their well-dressed owners. And these well-dressed owners were now mostly in their pyjamas, since the dance had ended a few hours ago.

Of course, some went to after parties and such, but that wasn't the case for the ones living in the dormitories guarded by strict 'landlords' and 'landladies'. And apparently, Luffy's dorm just happened to be owned by a fearful dorm supervisor who was currently checking each floor.

He lived on the third floor along with neighbouring students whose home was super far away from school. The third floor was dim, aside from the emergency lights that were remained switched on by the walls.

This dorm supervisor was actually one of the school's staff. He was dressed in a not-so-much fashion, with only a black and white shirt paired with spotted pants. He had a bulky build but if one would go by and see him, they would think he was a visitor or something.

"Two hours past curfew, not bad." a voice muttered inside one of the shut doors in the third floor.

And no, it wasn't Luffy.

But Luffy was, in fact, in his dorm now wearing a simple set of clothes. He recently had a shower so his ever messy hair was damp and smelled like shampoo.

"Good thing the supervisor was asleep when we snuck in," a different voice added.

There was a rumour going around that since the dorm supervisor looked a lot like the teacher named Bartholomew Kuma, he might be a twin. But witnesses have said that they saw the same person somewhere in the city, which then led to the fact that this Bartholomew Kuma had clones.

Or cyborg clones. Whichever's the case.

Luffy opened the fridge in his dorm. "Don't we have food? I'm starving,"

The other people who were inside the dorm blared at him, "We just had a full course meal!"

"But that was two hours ago!"

"You glutton..." the freckled one facepalmed. "fine. Since we're all in here, as well, you could go order a pizza."

Luffy's eyes sparkled as he closed the refrigerator door, but he inched towards the other guy and pinched his cheek. Hard. "Ace, is that you?"

"Stop touching my face!" he turned to the other one who was simply watching. "Sabo, help me out!"

The dorm was nicely decorated. With three bunk beds on one side, a mini kitchenette filled with just the right amount of everything, a bathroom spacious enough, a large study table equipped with two monitors, and a living room enough for ten people, no one could ask for more. In fact, they also got the place for free since Luffy's father, Monkey D Dragon, was the one who purchased it for him. Or Sabo. Depending on the angle one would look at.

And yet...

"This stupid doesn't even have a nearby fast food!" Luffy frowned.

Sabo leaned back further on the couch. "Here. You seem drowsy."

"Drowsy?" the one who spoke earlier caught a can of ice cold coffee that Sabo tossed to him. "I'm not drowsy."

"Well you act like it, little brother."

Ace, on the other hand, was keeping an eye on the supervisor that was lurking outside their dorm.

It was 12 midnight. The dance ended two hours ago and neither of the three had the urge to sleep. As of the moment, Ace was itching to sneak out somewhere because he remembered the deal he and Isuka shook on. That would make the days after the dance more unbearable.