Chapter 20: Two Warlords' Repose

A/N: This is just another short chapter focusing not on the main character but I enjoyed writing her! Feel free to skip this, by the way. Happy reading!!!

"So you left your friends, huh?"

THE 'PIRATE EMPRESS' Boa Hancock spat out as she straightened the newspaper on her hand. Her slick black hair fell straight behind her, resting on the white coat that every Warlord had, with two bangs on each side of her well-chiselled face that exaggerated her facial features.

She was talking to no one but herself, but the image of Nami on the paper felt like she was around; Nami had a strong expression on the photograph, almost as if the speech she did yesterday was truthful. If the other students at the school didn't know what's behind that strong façade of Nami's, Hancock certainly did.

"Hebihime, have you finished reading the articles?" the blond one, Marguerite, asked calmly. She's one of the most loyal members of the clique, making her the second hand of the empress.

Hancock sighed, "This one is more than enough for me to digest. Everybody's attention is on Nami and what happened yesterday. Utterly ridiculous."

She didn't care about attention; in fact, she was simply 'silent' about gathering one. The school paper, World Economy News Paper, recently published a feature article on how her lifestyle as a Boa and leader of the Kuja Clique balance each other out. Hancock approved of what were written on the product, for she knew everything they wrote about her in it was true.

Only one truth prevails, Hancock kept in mind.

"Nami-san's getting all the attention, huh?" Marguerite said as she noticed the Pirate Empress staring blankly ahead.

"They're lying,"

Marguerite blinked, "P-Pardon?"

Hancock pointed out specific words written on the article about the orange haired girl as she turned to Marguerite. "...there's no way they're getting all these facts without filtering it."

"You're right,"

They both turned to the door of the lounge. Noticing that she was in another warlord's presence, Marguerite excused herself and left the seniors' lounge but not without Hancock looking over at her until she left the room entirely.

"Doflamingo," Hancock stood from her current 'throne', which was the most comfortable seat.

Donquixote Doflamingo kept his hands on his pockets. "You're one smart girl, Hancock. Are you a journalist bef–"

"You don't get to call be by my name," she hissed.

Doflamingo chuckled, "Never mind what I said. You're friends with Strawhat Luffy, yes?"

"What about it?"

'Strawhat Luffy' was the alias most individuals in the school would call him as, instead of his horrendously mouthful name of Monkey D Luffy. Only the staff do that.

"Just askin'." he chuckled once more before heading out the lounge. "Watch your back, 'Pirate Empress'. You never know who's prying."

Hancock ignored what Doflamingo said and leaned back on her seat, her eye catching on the sudden flash of her phone's screen. It was a note for the upcoming homecoming dance and she didn't have no one yet to ask.

Oh, I'll get Luffy to go to the dance with me! she blushed as she thought about the two of them dancing under the hypnotic lights on the dance floor. But then again, she couldn't bother the love of her life since he was pretty much preoccupied with the whole Bellamy-thing.

As he should be.

"Marguerite," she called.

The blond girl came down the mini flight of stairs. "Yes, Hebihime?"

"Are you going to the dance?"

"P-Pardon?"

Hancock sighed. "The homecoming dance. Are you coming?"

"It depends, Hebihime." she retorted. "I can come if you need me–"

"I don't want you to come because of me; I want you to come because you want to."

Marguerite was speechless. Their empress really changed after meeting that Monkey D Luffy. "Uhmm...then I guess I will be going to the dance, then!"

"That's good to hear,"