Chapter 12: Crumbs and Clues

LUFFY ROLLED FROM the bed as his alarm rang, covering his ears with his hands while his face thumped against the cold floor. His blanket also fell on top of him and covered his half-naked body and kept him a tad warm.

He opened one eye. He just had the most absurd dream ever; the type that Sanji would love the most. Luffy grimaced as images came flashing back, making him groan frustratingly. What the hell does that even mean?

Saturday and he didn't even know why his alarm was set.

"Hmm? Where's my-" his mumbling came to a stop when his phone chimed, revealing a message from a certain girl. "Nami...?"

Nami. He had the weirdest dream ever and that dream had actually did something even weirder to him. For some reason his shorts felt a little tight. Did he get fat? Or was it poo-ber-tee? It's unlikely either of them, for Luffy never gave a damn about the wonders of his body.

He read the message Nami had sent him:

WYA?

"Wee-ya? Wa-ya?" he blinked. Then he remembered something. His eyes widened and he then hurried to the bathroom, taking a quick shower then after it, grabbing any clothes from his closet. He chucked his phone onto his pockets as he looked for his strawhat.

They had something to do for school and it wad the reason why he had an alarm set on a Saturday morning. Such misfortune.

"Took you long enough," Nami scowled and threw her hands on her hips. She was wearing a pleated skirt paired with a tube top with a cream-coloured cardigan over her shoulders like a cape until she took it off and wore it normally. "Should we go?"

Luffy was wearing nothing but a pair of his usual shorts and sandals, topped with a red vest that left his front open. If Nami hadn't known any better, she would have mistaken him for a delinquent.

"Is something the matter?" Nami grabbed his shoulder and asked, which Luffy simply replied with a nod. Her heart began beating faster. "Sorry we have to do schoolwork on a Saturday..."

"Huh?"

"I told you, I asked everybody else but no one's available. They're all busy,"

Luffy noticed her once bright demeanour dim down so he flashed his signature smile. "Then let's make them jealous that they didn't come and do schoolwork with you!"

"W-Wha-" Nami was caught off guard when he, for the nth time, threw an arm around her shoulders. "L-Luffy...stop doing that."

"Hmm? What's wrong?" He glanced at her. She was stiff so he patted her shoulder using his palm. "Why are you red?"

"I'm not!"

"Oh no, are you sick?" he retracted his arm as he brought up his phone. "Do you need Cho–"

"Luffy, I'm fine..."

Soon they found themselves at a stationery shop. There were tons and tons of papers and journals displayed on shelves and on one side of the store were glass cases of different types of accessories, ranging from handmade rings to headwear.

As they looked for the supplies they needed, Luffy noticed Nami eyeing on a certain bracelet inside said glass.

"That would be perfect for you," he cheered.

"What?"

"Don't you love navigating and stuff like that?"

She blinked and averted her gaze, "Well yeah. But not like I would buy stuff for myself."

Luffy pouted and as he was about to take out the watch – which had three compasses on the face instead of a ticking clock – he was stopped by another man. He had a much taller and bulkier stature than Luffy but the latter did not budge.