Chapter 32: Before the Big Day

"Zoro, Zoro, Zoro!!!!!"

NAMI HAD HER hands together as she annoyed the green haired swordsman sitting in front of her. His arms were behind his head as he was leaning against the wall, with both eyes shut. Clearly, he was getting ticked off at her. It's already been a few minutes since Nami started calling out his name like a little child who wanted to go the the amusement park.

"What the hell is it...?!" Zoro finally turned to her at the final call of his name.

She settled and kept an irritating smile on her face. "Go to the dance with me!"

The green haired, 'Pirate Hunter' Roronoa Zoro groaned.

"Please?"

"Lemme guess, Luffy's already going with someone else?" at that, Nami nodded. Zoro sighed. "Didn't that woman tell you about it?"

By 'that woman', he was referring to the one and only archaeologist of their crew, Nico Robin.

"No...she didn't,"

"Well the Hancock one asked out Luffy days ago. You know, you sure are dense. Didn't you even figure out that much?"

Nami threw her hand at his face.

The homecoming dance was approaching and she didn't have a date yet. Since Luffy rejected her, she had no choice but stick with a trustworthy friend that was Zoro. He wasn't trustworthy enough, since he could get lost in a straight direction with a map and a GPS in tact, but he would certainly keep her company. Unless he wanted to get beaten black and blue, that is.

As of the moment, they were in the library. Or, more specifically, they were sitting opposite one another in the seats with a television on the side. It was an enclosed space so the ones on the other side of the place wouldn't actually hear their conversation clearly.

"Why would I go with you?" Zoro replied. His voice reverberated inside the booth they were in.

"Because I asked you to,"

"..."

"And if you don't, you'll have to pay me 500 Beris."

He thumped on the table. "And why the hell would I do that?!"

The students behind them couldn't hear them but the librarians could. Without a doubt.

"Shh!"

The two librarians were sitting behind the wooden counter with a pile of books stacked beside their own seats. Yes, stack of piled books. There were a lot of books being returned, mostly because they were overdue, but they weren't complaining about their job.

"Please, Zoro...?"

Their eyes met for a few seconds; Nami was doing a puppy face which cringed Zoro beyond imagination. But after remembering the amount of money he would pay her for not going to the dance with her, and the interest that would definitely come with it plus his compounded debt over the past, he decided that it would best if he'd let this witch win.

"Fine. I'll come with you,"

Nami cheered and she was so glad she almost wanted to give Zoro a hug.

~~~

TRYING ON A royalty-styled suit inside the fitting room, Trafalgar Law fixed the cuff links that came with it. The sleeves embraced his forearms well, defining his muscular exteriors, while the white garment on his body was rather a bit loose.

All told, he just wanted to get this over and done with. They skipped school just to prepare for the homecoming dance that was rapidly approaching.

"Is this okay..." he said as he came out of the room. "Nico-ya?"

Law looked like a prince; he was wearing a black and white suit adorned with jewels here and there. He was, however, still weighing in if he should wear the gloves or not. It was the reason why he asked Robin for her opinion.

"I think it's better without the gloves," she replied. "what do you think, Franky?"

Also, it wasn't just the two of them in the store. Franky was with them because, well, Robin was going with a different guy to the dance. Not that he didn't trust her in the first place, it's just he also wanted to see if Law's outfit would match Robin's.

"Yeah, do it without the gloves." he answered.

Law blinked. "Sure?"

The two retorted in unison, "I'm sure."

~~~

"Luffy, which one do you think is better, this one, or this one?"

BOA HANCOCK HAD two different gowns on her hands: one with the sequins and frills, and the one with a much simpler design but both dresses matched Luffy's outfit.

They also skipped school. In fact, more than half of the school's population was absent. Everyone was so caught up in prepping for the dance, be it for their outfits or themselves alone.

But some others just wanted to skip school, that's all.

"Hmm...I think that one's better." Luffy pointed to the one on the right; the one with the simpler design. But with the one he would be wearing, Hancock's dress was an absolute match.

As the 'most beautiful woman', Hancock's been living up to that name ever since; she's the leader of her own girls-only faction called the Kuja Clique while she also shared the leadership with her two sisters, and she earned the Warlord title to protect the ones inside that clique. If anything, Hancock was not selfish at all.

But when it comes to a certain raven haired boy who was currently checking out the dress on right arm, that's a different story.

Luffy hummed. "Is that all?"

"Yes, my dear." Hancock was used in calling Luffy a different endearment every time but he never showed any objection. The only time he would was–

"I'm still not gonna marry you,"

That one line was enough to make her drop to the ground depressed the first couple times she heard it, but she got used to it. She had proposed to him numerous times already two years ago and during thay time, and his answer was always a blunt 'no'.

Moments later they found themselves in a laundromat.

Hancock was carrying the gown, with a coat over it, to the place while Luffy was holding nothing. She asked for a dry clean for her homecoming dress just as a familiar figure also did.

He had raven hair as Luffy's but not as messy.

He was tall and muscular yet he looked skinny.

He had tattooos on the back of his hands.

Above all, he was accompanied by another black haired girl and a cyborg guy that Luffy very well knew.

"Torao!" Luffy called to none other than Trafalgar Law who was at the counter the same time as Hancock.

Franky heard his voice and so he surveyed the place until–

"Luffy!" with emphasis on the first syllable.

"Ah, must be his friends." Hancock muttered.

Law heard her and immediately replied, "I am not his friend."

She blinked at the answer of the 'Surgeon of Death', and shook her head to get on with her business. The man behind the counter swooned at the presence of the Empress while she asked him to do her gown.

And Law also gave his.