1

A/N: English is not my first language, I'm sorry if there are any grammatical errors here. (I know you will find some typos and I will fix it when I'm done)

By the way, the first chapters are short since I started writing on my phone and at the time I had no idea how it was, but it gets better.

-

It was my first night in my new home. I like how this sounds. A fresh start; new friends, neighbors, and school. I could even be a new person, but it's too sad that I can't change who I am.

I'm not popular or a party girl with a bunch of cool friends, more like the lonely type, one and only best friend who thinks better stay at home on a Friday night like today, or all Friday night.

I like who I was before moving here, and I intend to keep that way but my mother thinks otherwise, of course. Not that she didn't like me being the older and dedicated daughter, but spend all day worried about school was starting to bother her. "You need to be more like the other teenagers, have fun once in a while." She said. I told her that I would try, as a promise to the "new life" here.

"Everything seems good now." My mom said finishing some picture frames in the space above the fireplace.

"Really?" I asked giggling.

There were still boxes everywhere. They never seemed to end. We spend all day with this.

"Well, at least this room, bedrooms and kitchen." She sighed exhausted.

"I can make something to eat if you want." She was tired, and I wish I could do everything alone and save her from all the work.

"You can't cook, Mija." My mom laughed. "Don't worry, we can finish tomorrow. You could take these boxes outside, and I make dinner." She gestured the empty boxes.

There were four boxes, I did two laps and took the second time to observe the night outside. We had a small garden in front and all the houses around seemed the same, but each one with a different aspect.

However, the one right of mine was really similar. It had one small porch, the same garden, but with two elves at the entrance. It was white with the dark wood windows. I can imagine a happy family living there with two kids and a dog maybe.

I started to laugh at my imagination, but vanished when a car braked abruptly stopping in front of the house and making me jump. A truck appeared soon behind, but broke into the garden. From the first car, a dark-haired girl stepped outside and started to yell at the guy in the truck.

"Damn! My dad will kill me if we ruin this garden. Back off!"

She ordered and the guy quickly removed the car and properly parked in the street.

"Relax, everything looks fine." He defended himself and once she checked any damage to the grass. She smiled at him, punching his arm playfully. "Let the party begin!"

The guy screams with hands in the air, people leaving the cars now to follow him while he made the way to the house. Were about ten people, two strong guys took two barrels out the truck and also went to the house.

I didn't realize that I was staring until the girl looked at me and winked with a mischievous smirk. My face went red in a second, and I was in chock because of the change from scenario of the perfect family to this. The girl laughed at my reaction, and it took me two seconds to disappear out of her sight.

I went straight to my room and didn't stop when my mom called from the kitchen. I could still feel my cheeks burning in red, but I didn't know why. Is it because she laughed at my embarrassing moment? Or because she winked? No one had winked at me like that before, and maybe she didn't mean anything, so I should not care, right?