1: The Princess and the Pauper

"All done

"All done." I said and pushed the hood of the car I just finished fixing. "Start the engine." I told told the man behind the wheels. He nodded and turned on his car. It took a few seconds before it finally turned to life and I smirked, even arrowing my eyebrows at him.

"Damn, Lili. You fixed that in 28 minutes. You broke your old record." Bambam said, who also happened to be my friend too who owns the Automobile Mechanic Shop I am currently working on. I smirked and washed my greasy hands on the sink nearby.

"You underestimated me. You know I get competitive if challenged." I answered as I continue washing my hands.

I heard him giggled. "Well, I am intimidated. You might kill me someday to take over my shop."

I narrowed my eyes and looked at him. "Hmm. Sounds tempting." I said and smirked.

He laughed this time. "Shut up, pussy. Want a can?" He asked and walks to his mini-fridge to open a can of beer.

"Yes, please. I deserve a reward. That car looks like it costs a fortune." I answered and stared at the yellow sports car parked in front of us.

"Catch." He called and tossed me a can of beer which I, of course caught.

"Aren't you gonna leave for your next part time job?" He suddenly asked, making me look at my wrist watch while gulping my beer down.

"Calm down. I still have 2 more hours. I'll help you close the shop." I answered and looks at him. "Why don't you go back to Korea? Your family earns millions in there. Why decide to work in this mess?" I asked, remembering his phone call from his Dad two days ago.

"They have my hyung in there. I won't be needed. I don't do math and shit. I don't know anything about business and negotiations." He answered, shaking his head because he thinks that's completely idiotic.

"Oh come on. You just can't leave your childhood sweetheart who sells rice cake in front of your shop. Quit being a pussy and ask her out." I answered and drinks on my beer again.

"Whatever, Manoban. Leave. I'll be pulling the cage down." He said and started to push me out of his mechanic shop.

I gulped my beer and finished it. "Pussy." I teased before finally walking home to change into my uniform for my night shift in the cafè. I burp and tasted the beer from my throat. Damn, I should not be the in the cashier stand tonight.

I walked upstairs and pulled my keys from my pocket. Before I could slid the keys, I noticed that it wasn't closed.

I frowned.

What the fuck?

Did I get robbed?

I pushed the door open and saw a woman sitting on my couch. She stood up and looked at me intently.

"Lalisa." She called me with her familiar soft voice. Even lifting her painted red lips to smile at me.

"Mom." I called and looked at the man who just walked out my bedroom. "What the fuck are you doing in my room?! Do you think I hid a gun to keep myself from fucking trespassers like you? Well, fuck yeah. And I will get it now." I said but the man pushed me hard against the wall.