21: Broken Walls

Author's Note: This chapter contains mature contents

Author's Note: This chapter contains mature contents. Please read at your own risk. It's a very detailed content, I don't want you to be uncomfortable reading it. Although it is hard to skip this chapter for this is very crucial in the storyline, you can skip it if you aren't comfortable with too much detailed smut.

🐰

I walked in our bedroom that night only to found Nessey sitting on the cushion next to the window. Her body is draped in a blanket while she watches the lighted city of Seoul in front of her. I quietly closed the door and walked to her.

"Hey." I called quietly, touching her cheek. She looks up to me and pulls me to sit beside her. She climbed over my lap and buried her face against my chest. I kissed and sniffed her hair and wrapped my arms around her small figure. I even slightly rock her to sleep like a baby, humming her a silent lullaby that I could remember. We stayed like that for a while.

"Just hold me, please." She whispered and I did.

There's really no need to ask, I thought. I have been dying to do this since I knew she's my Nessey. I stood up from the chair and lead her to bed. She didn't say anything again and let me carefully placed her beside me. Her eyes are closed and our fingers are softly touching each other, trying to drift ourselves to sleep.

Apparently, I am too awake to watch her beautiful self. I let go of her hand and softly touch her cheek but she catch it and leads it against her soft lips, kissing my knuckles. I smiled and kissed her forehead, making her shift her weight over me again and bury her face on my neck.

I shifted on the bed to make her comfortable. Pressing my back against the headboard and letting her lay her head on my shoulder. I kissed her forehead again and her hands started to draw invisible shapes and lines on my palm. We aren't saying anything, we're just completely drawn to the silence of the night, only the soft buzz of airconditioner fills the room.

Tonight, I saw her talking to Dr. Jung. And she was crying so bad, I don't know why. I have never seen her this vulnerable, the sight of her breaking down and crying like there's no tomorrow is breaking me apart too. I wanted to ask but I might not see her in the morning again.

As far as I can remember, she hates confrontations, confessions and transparency. That's how we established our connection and stick with our hideous facade way back in Horizon. The less we know, the easier we leave. And that's exactly what she did. This past week has been the most beautiful time I spent with her and I don't want to ruin that. I don't want to stop what we started on that weekend in Paris.

I firmly closed my eyes as I remember how I ridiculously begged her to choose me. Trying to mask Viper with Dr. Jung. It was like begging her to choose me over Viper. Maybe I can make her stay. I was trying to convince myself that maybe Nessey will fall in love with Jungkook more than the way she fell for Viper.