13: Real Lisa

I waited for the waiter to leave after carefully placing the cup of coffees I ordered for me and the man that my sister fell in love with

I waited for the waiter to leave after carefully placing the cup of coffees I ordered for me and the man that my sister fell in love with. I was initially planning to take her out today but he refused because she just finised a chemotherapy session this afternoon. We ended up curling on her hospital bed and watched movies until the sundown. I decided to leave when she fell asleep halfway through the fourth movie we watched today.

"Thank you for coming with me." I said and smiled at the gorgeous man in front of me. He pushed his glasses on the top of his nose and smiled back.

"It's nothing. I also would like to speak with you. About Reese." He answered, making me bite my lower lip as I observe his face. He looked down on his coffee and released a heavy sigh. "I'm sorry about the -- the kiss."

I frowned. "Do you regret that?"

"No." He answered immediately. "It's not what I mean. It's just-- I know your sister is married and it might look like we're having an affair behind her husband."

"Are you not?" I asked again, staring at him. He looked down on his hands, touching his cup of coffee.

"We are." He finally admitted and looked at me.

"Do you love her?" I asked again, my voice sounded hopeful.

"Very much." He answered, his lips lifting a small smile. "I have known Reese for a very long time. And helping her get better has always been my priority. I treat her like I am saving my own life. Because she is." He smiled, making me witness those small dimples just above the crease of his smile. "We studied and graduated from the same university and we both know that we have something more special other than friendship."

"But I respect her mother so much and I had to take my feelings aside. Even though I never said that to her, she somehow get it. That is why we kept our friendship. But this time, I don't think we can still keep it. I want her more than that." He continued to say, his eyes still fixed on his coffee.

I flutter my eyes as I witness his declaration of his love for her. I took a sip of my coffee and then look at him.

"Jungkook knows." I said, after the silence. He looked at me with his surprised eyes. "He knows that she's in love with you too."

He blinked his eyes several times and brushed his lips with his hand. He didn't say anything and I noticed how uncomfortable he had become in a split second.

"You don't have to worry. I'll keep him occupied." I said, gulping hard. "Don't stop yourself this time. She deserved to feel how much you love her."