33: Race to Death (2)

"Are you sure?" Lisa asked me for the 7th time

"Are you sure?" Lisa asked me for the 7th time. She gripped on my coat and stares at me.

"Never have I ever before." I answered and smiled at her. She lowered her eyes and bites her lower lip. "I will be okay, I promise."

"But-- y-you might get t-the--"

"I have to do this. Be a cargo at least before finally sitting behind the wheel." I answered and cups her face to make her meet my eyes. "Look at me."

And she did.

"Do you trust me?"

She flutter her eyes. "Yes." She answered and gulped hard. "This is going to be a hell of a ride."

"The more I have to be there." I answered and she looks down again, worrying too much. "Hey, come on, look at me Lisa." I said again and lifted her face to meet her eyes again. "Have a little faith in me. I will get through this."

"I am just--"

I didn't let her finish and just pulled her face to kiss her lips. She holds to my wrist and felt her tipped her toes to respond to me. I supported her back with my other arm and continued kissing her. Her arms wrapped around my shoulders and I just let her crash herself against me. But she parted after a little while, cupping my cheek.

"I am just worried about you." She whispered, pressing her forehead against my lips.

"I know, baby. But I know you can win this too." I said, making her look at me again. "You may be Stallion's Dark Horse, Koshara's Treasure but you are Viper's Hennessey." She blinked her eyes several times but that made her smile and shakes her head as she looks away.

"Wow, you didn't know how you fluttered my heart with that, Jungkook-ssi." She said making me trace a smile too. "Aren't you living out being that romantic one too much for tonight, huh?"

I giggled. "Sorry, can't help it." I said and kissed her again. She giggled but kissed back.

"Argh. Get a room!" We suddenly heard Lambo's voice shouted from Jimin's car. We parted and just giggled before looking at them.

"Extra 2 nitros are added." Jimin said and closes the compartment. "Do you need more adjustments?"

Lisa shakes her head. "No, I think we're all good." She said and walks to the car to get a final look on the engine. "You guys, be careful." She said and looks at them.

Lambo smirked. "If I survived a race against them, you will too." He said and taps Lisa's head twice.

Lisa glared at him. "Can you stop that, for real? I'm not a kid, Lambo." She said and Lambo just giggled. Then Lisa turned to Lucid. "Cid, we'll be looking forward to your escape routes. I need it a lot. I have Viper as a cargo. As much as possible, I want to avoid crashes."