39: Chaos (2)

Lisa was about to walk away but I grabbed her wrist as I remained looking at the grass

Lisa was about to walk away but I grabbed her wrist as I remained looking at the grass. I saw on the corner of my eyes that she looked down her wrist and then up to me.

“Tell me. It’s not you.” I said then slowly meet her eyes. She flutter her eyes and pulls her wrist from my grasp.

“What exactly do you want me to say, Jungkook?” She asked, her voice suddenly sound unfamiliar.

“So, it’s true. You’re Continental.” I said, moving a step back from her. I nodded and looks away, getting my hands in my pockets. “I can’t even tell who you are right now. You look like Hennessey who I fell in love with 10 years ago and you look like Lisa I proposed to a couple of nights ago. But you are standing here as Continental.” I continued, making me smirk. Laughing how fool I must’ve been looked to her. “Who are you?”

She flutter her eyes and clenched her jaw. She fucking look like a stranger to me. “Don't make it look like I wanted my sister to get kidnapped, Jungkook."

I smug. “How would I know? Maybe it’s even a part of your plan to use your sister against me.” She didn’t answer to that. Just stared at me. “Why aren’t you denying that? Fucking talk, Lalisa?!” My voice raised but that didn’t even made her flinch. The music suddenly stopped from the playing band on the corner and the busy conversation from the garden stopped too. They are all looking at us now.

I heard chimes of notifications and vibrating phones from everyone. They all looked confused of having their phones ring at the same time. Lisa looked around too, then widened eyes are thrown to the both of us.

“Oh, my God.” That was Chaeyoung. Then Jennie screamed when Hoseok suddenly dropped on his knees with his phone on his hand.

“Hyung!” Jimin called and run to him. He lightly tapped his cheek but he is unresponsive.

“Get him inside!” Jin’s voice dominated the whole place. Namjoon and Yoongi immediately lifted Hoseok up from the ground to carry him inside. Chaeyoung and Jennie talked to the band and the servers to wrap everything up just to distract them from what is happening too.

“What the hell is happening, Jungkook?” That was Jimin who showed me his phone. Reese’s picture that was sent to me is apparently sent to all of them too. And there was a message too.

Viper VS Continental
The winner will receive this price!

I looked at Lisa who is just keeping her silence in spite of the chaos around her. I grabbed her shoulders and glared at her. “So, this is what you want? A race against me?”

“Wait – what?” Lucid asked. Lisa’s eyes shifted on him and I saw how it softened for a couple of seconds but she blinked it away and looked back at me.

“You’re Continental?” Jimin uttered behind me. She didn’t respond to that but that’s enough for them to understand that the woman I am holding right now is the reason why Reese was taken as a leverage for a fucking race.