30: Dinner with Lisa

For the next days, I am occupied with the transfer of Reese's medical team to somewhere safer

For the next days, I am occupied with the transfer of Reese's medical team to somewhere safer. It may be a little far from Seoul for I decided to transfer her to Busan to be under Dad's protection. I entrusted everything to Hoseok. I know he loves her more than I do and I am certain that he will do everything to keep Reese healthy. Not just for himself, but also for me and Nessey.

Nessey and Lambo are busy with fixing my abandoned cars in my treasure box. Lucid is helping too. I do help sometimes but I have a company to keep and they let me leave them there if needed. In spite of that, Nessey is back to the Playing Princess like the way she calls it and she is doing a great job. I often see her talking to Reese to discuss some things she can't understand and Secretary Chae is always there to help her too.

It's been days too and I had settled an agreement with their Mother about keeping Reese under my care. She was hesitant at first but when I told her that it's the only thing I wanted for the affiliation of the two companies, she had no choice but to agree. I want to feel angry because she hid something this big from me just to get this affiliation. For God sake, I could've done something to save her too.

I love Reese.. no doubt on that. Our times together isn't just all about business or deals or contracts. At least, for me. And I think, we share our kind of intimacy. Like, how I love the way she takes care of me as a wonderful housewife. I wouldn't trade that experience, never in my wildest dreams. Like I said, maybe I saved a country in my past life to get across to someone as beautiful as Reese. She maybe so much different from Nessey but that difference somehow helped me from Viper's destruction. Jungkook is the side of me who loved Reese. As a responsible husband and business partner. But Viper still wanted Nessey and her toxicity. I can't just give up a side of me because with Viper, I felt free and in control. With Viper, the euphoric feeling of winning and being respected is what makes him alive.

It's hard to compete against yourself. Against who you were and who you are now. And as I watch Nessey keep herself busy on those paper works over her desk, a deep realization hit me.

I may know Nessey, but I never get to know Lisa. Lisa being a sister to Reese is someone I can never comprehend. She loves her unconditionally, she sacrificed a lot for her, she gives what she can and for that matter, she will continue to give to keep saving her sister. Even though it causes her to lose something crucial in her life too.

"I have been staring at you for like 20 minutes now." I said, keeping my hands in my pocket. I watch her flinch and drop the folder from her hands.

"Fucking hairless balls, Viper." She cursed and touched her forehead. "Why didn't you knock?" She asked and takes off her prescription glasses.

I smiled, walking towards her table. "I did. You just didn't notice. Even when I walk in."

She sighed and smiled weakly. "What time is it?" She asked looking at the clock on her computer screen. "Shit, it's almost 11 in the evening." She said and firmly closed her eyes and pressed her temple. "The last time I remember,  Chae told me that she's going home. I didn't notice that was 4 hours ago."