32: Race to Death

I convinced Lisa to lead us straight home

I convinced Lisa to lead us straight home. After a few more kisses and puppy eyes that made her giggle. I know she's exhausted for the entire day but for some reason, her face is glowing as I stare at her driving my truck from this passenger's seat. Her hair is messily tied up, a few strands are flying along the wind getting in the open window.

Her white dress shirt underneath her black coat has 3 buttons opened up, revealing those marks I left her earlier. They're fresh and raw and mine. Her elbow is rested by the window frame as she settles her other hand on the steering wheel.

"You really look beautiful from here." I said, making her slowly lift her lips to a smile and glance at me.

"I know." She answered, even crunching her nose as she focuses on the road. "Girls behind the wheels remain superior." She said and winked at me.

I giggled. "God, such a tease you are." I said and shakes my head. I suddenly noticed her increased the gear and switched lanes on the road. I looked back at her and noticed how she keeps on looking at the rearview mirror and her side mirror.

"What is it?" I asked, looking at her again.

"That black Sedan is following us." She said and switched lanes again. This time I noticed that black car switched lanes too. She tilted her head and increased her gear and kicked her accelerator. She overtakes to the cars in front of us, even the huge bus to lost them. But 4 more sports car suddenly showed up behind us.

"I don't think we can lost them with this truck, Jungkook." She said, glancing at me.

I nodded and tried to maintain my steady breathing. I gulped hard before speaking. "What's your plan?"

"Negotiate." She said and turned to another street. And as expected, the cars followed us until we finally reached an empty parking lot. She slows down and kicked her break, then looks at me. "You okay?"

"Yeah." I answered briefly and gulped hard. I looked at her and watched her unbuckle her seatbelt. She shifted and reached to kiss me.

"You're okay. I won't leave. I will be right here, okay?" She said and I nodded again, steadying my breathing. I hold her wrist and moved to kiss her again.

Inhale.. Exhale..

She's not going to run away.. she's with me..

She finally get off the truck and I unbuckled my seatbelt to get off too. My eyes shifted to the sports cars parked on each side of the street. A familiar face get off from the Red Camaro sports car and Lisa turned to look at me. I made big steps to walk closer to her, touching her elbow.