44: Flash Forward

5 years later

5 years later..

“You may kiss the bride.”

We all raise from our seats and clap our hands as we witness Taehyung and Jennie’s wedding. It was a grand preparation. Jennie used to live here in Auckland and they decided to have the wedding here. It was a great city. I think this is the most beautiful country I ever had my eyes laid into. I remember how Taehyung also planned a trip for all 7 of us in here for a week. We drove a lot in our camper vans and SUVs.

The mountains, the calm river and the cool weather is just so wonderful. Taehyung took a little while to propose to Jennie. I remember helping him on their trip to Paris.

Paris.

That city is engraved in my heart. And it still hurts even though it has been 5 years since I last saw the reason why my heart keeps beating. I can’t even tell how I survived for 5 years without her. My head is flooded with longing and loneliness. Taehyung is always there for me. He saw that emptiness in me and he did his best to keep me company. Not just him but all of my older hyungs. They always ask how I was doing especially if I drown myself with work. I had to work a lot because Dad officially gave me the entire shares of our company 2 years ago. At least, I have something in mind to keep me sane and occupied.

Taehyung even made me try new things other than cars and racing. Because where ever I go, whatever I do, it reminds me of her. My job reminds me of her. My home reminds of her. I ended up selling it because I won’t survive the loneliness if I keep living there. I gave up racing too. I stopped living as Dodge Viper. I don’t want to be him anymore. Because who the hell he is without his Hennessey anyway?

I gave up that part of me and I won’t go back anymore. He was main reason why I had to suffer all these years. I am trying to be a better person. To be Jeon Jungkook. But it’s harder than I thought because I lost my Lalisa Manoban and it still fucking hurts all these years.

Taehyung has always been a fan of classic old art masterpieces and music and he introduced these things to me. I didn’t even know I would grow fondness of Vinyl old recordings. He is right, music helps us heal.

And I think, I am.

It took me 2 years to get back on track. I was lost for a very long time. I travelled a lot, hoping my luck to somehow find her. Lucid tried to help, but we eventually stopped. I have been giving him so much burden in finding her. Because, he’s right. Maybe if I tried harder to make her stay, I could’ve made her stay.

It hurts me to the bones that she chose to run away from me. Again. I am not the Dodge Viper from our younger years. It’s just so unfair that she didn’t give me the chance to prove that I am capable to love her better than I did. Because I know I can love her better.

I smiled at my hyung as he wraps his arm around his gorgeous wife. I gave him a wink and pointed him with my hand when we met gazes. He looks so happy. I witnessed most of the weddings of my older hyungs. Jimin and Chaeyoung also got married last year. Yoongi has been in a relationship with Irene for quite some time now. They had a rough start because he was in love with Jennie for years and he and Taehyung even had a misunderstanding about it too. I was always the middle man in these love stories. I remember picking up Taehyung from a random bar because he drunk-called me at 2 in the morning. Thank God I learned some of those tracking devices from Lucid that’s why I was able to find him.